Noobtastic...but trying to learn! Help?

SGT_76

I have been going back and fourth over what I'm going to do for mid-bass/midrange/highs in the c4 vette, and if I had hair it would of been pulled already lol! I want it to keep up with my sub stage, but sound decent to good while doing it...not "just" be loud. I changed my decision on the sub stage from (4) sa8's to (1) HDC4 18 walled on roughly 4.5K. I searched and searched and havent been able to find a c4 walled so I'm going for it! Plus I'm sure it'll piss most vette guys off that see it lol!

Anyway, so now the cabin will be even smaller and no rear fill. Only stock speaker location is a "Blose" 5" in bottom of the doors, but a 6.5 will fit. There isn't much useable space on the panels that isn't right next to your head/ear. Also I'd really like to keep from modding the door panels (glassing). There are also fake speaker grills (solid) on the dash right in front of both passengers. But under them is VERY shallow. If something went there it would have to be a tweet or super shallow midrange (max size 4x6, depth ~2"?)

Simplest I guess would be a passive 6.5 2-way w/mid in factory door and tweet in dash "fake" location. I assume this would keep up ok but having no first hand experience I'm not sure. I'm sure an active 3-way pro audio setup would be ideal but I need to get some experience before I take that leap. Budget wise I'd like to stay under $500-600 on speakers and the amp to power them. Given what I have to work with lol, what would you guys do?

Here you see the factory speaker location. That's at my knee. The white area marked on the door panel is unusable due to contact with the dash and door sill.

c22ae7b9-8cc6-43d2-85f0-d7271e8f25ad_zps

And here you can see the "fake" speaker grill locations on dash pad.

dash2_zps90fb78ed.jpg

Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated ...thanks!

If I had the experience/knowledge to go crazy with the "SQ" stage I would. Since this is my first build, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and screw the mids and highs all to hell. Especially since I can't trust our local shop's advice/guidance! I went in to ask some pretty basic (I assumed lol!) box design and port questions and the guy working just looked at me like a deer in headlights. Finally he just said "Um idk, we just do regular boxes." WTF?!? I'm thinking they purchased their wall of trophies lol! So... I guess you can say I'm "cutting my teeth" on this one. But hey that's what the web is for right! Glad I found SMD!

Also, does anybody know of any walled c4's you could point me to? Like I said I haven't been able to find any. I have some ideas for sealing off the wall that I think will work well.

I've been eyeing the 'nendo Mezzo's but I've been reading about everyone waiting due to the whole shipping mess so... Then I started looking at 3-way stuff to maybe take advantage of the dash pad as well, to help add output. But only thing I have found that could possibly work size wise is the PPI PC3.65C since it's midrange is shallow enough to fit that space. Like I said, that dash space under the pad is crazy shallow. And my gauge cluster is under that so I can't really cut it to fit a normal sized (depth) speaker. Any other ideas for a front stage?

Also, after the wall/2-3 batts/2 bc2k's/wiring and distribution...im quickly running out of room in the hatch to say the least lol! So the amp for the mids/highs is gonna have to be small! Well I found this little guy http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html that looks very promising dimensionally. This could actually fit under my passenger seat. Reviews look good and specs look ok (except 12db slope) but the xovers look like it may be active capable? I tried searching on here about it but showed no results. What do you guys think?

Archived