I feel even more lost... lol... So I get the air bags which would fully replace the struts/shocks in the rear..... ? I then use that valve to fill the air bag??? what am I using as a compressor? Totally not seeing the fully picture yet.... sorry .... I'm gonna stalk you in south Jersey PC!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Lol as creepy as that sounds, if you need help just let me know. ^_^ But you would fill the bags with an air hose using the Schrader valve. You would mount the bags, put a 90 degree elbow on top of the bag, hook some air line to that elbow, then run the line to an easily accessible location for filling with air, then at the end of the line you would mount it to the vehicle in said location and hook up the Schrader valve. Then when needed, you loosen the Schrader valve hook an air hose from a Home Air Compressor and fill the bag the same way you would fill a car tire. Once the bag is filled, tighten the valve, put the cap on, and you're done.

Lol as creepy as that sounds, if you need help just let me know. ^_^ But you would fill the bags with an air hose using the Schrader valve. You would mount the bags, put a 90 degree elbow on top of the bag, hook some air line to that elbow, then run the line to an easily accessible location for filling with air, then at the end of the line you would mount it to the vehicle in said location and hook up the Schrader valve. Then when needed, you loosen the Schrader valve hook an air hose from a Home Air Compressor and fill the bag the same way you would fill a car tire. Once the bag is filled, tighten the valve, put the cap on, and you're done.

and I obviously can fill the bag to my desired height correct?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Yeah you can fill it to whatever the spring will allow. So lets say max pressure is 150 psi on the bag, you could fill it anywhere from 1 psi to ~140 psi. Always try and give the bags a little wiggle room when it comes to air pressure. To give it the room to change due to air temp.

Yeah you can fill it to whatever the spring will allow. So lets say max pressure is 150 psi on the bag, you could fill it anywhere from 1 psi to ~140 psi. Always try and give the bags a little wiggle room when it comes to air pressure. To give it the room to change due to air temp.

question though..... what kind of place would do work like this? know of any in Jersey??? I cannot do this kind of thing on my own.... Also, what kind of air compressor would work well for this? some thing like this ???

I personally would go to any 4X4 truck shop to have something like this done since they more than likely specialize in suspension mods. As for knowing any in Jersey, where are you located? And depending on the valve you use, you can use anything from a gas station air compressor to a Craftsman (or equivalent) air compressor.

I personally would go to any 4X4 truck shop to have something like this done since they more than likely specialize in suspension mods. As for knowing any in Jersey, where are you located? And depending on the valve you use, you can use anything from a gas station air compressor to a Craftsman (or equivalent) air compressor.

I'm in Middlesex but if I have to travel a bit to get it done I will.... This is not something I can toy with myself.... I'll see if I can find something local but I doubt it

East Brunswick

From what I've heard, one good shop up by you is The 4X4 Place in Lake Hopatcong. they specialize in suspension mods on off road trucks so they should be able to hook you up real quick. Another suspension shop I would go to would be J & M suspension. They have 3 shops, one in Newark, Jersey City, and Patterson. Just let them know you want a simple rear air set up where you can fill up and deplete the bags from a valve on each side using a separate air compressor and they should be able to point you in the right direction or get you some bolt on parts you could do yourself with a simple socket set and some time.

Archived