Alternator

i have a 02 sierra with a vortec 4.8 my question is does anybody know how many amps is my alternator ?

depends on your truck.

If its a sierra 1500 4.8 2 or 4 wheel drive it has a 105 amp alternator stock.

Their are also 130 and 140 amp alternators that should be avaibile to you from autozone or any other car parts store, but you may need to use your stock pully from the smaller alternator.

And you should easily be able to have a high output 300amp alternator made for your truck :)

Hope that helped a bit.

depends on your truck.

If its a sierra 1500 4.8 2 or 4 wheel drive it has a 105 amp alternator stock.

Their are also 130 and 140 amp alternators that should be avaibile to you from autozone or any other car parts store, but you may need to use your stock pully from the smaller alternator.

And you should easily be able to have a high output 300amp alternator made for your truck

Hope that helped a bit.

its a 1500 2wheel drive i have a yellow top to start the truck and a kinetik hc1800 connected to it under the hood does it matter that it aint close to my amps? and no big 3 done yet

mycars.jpg

its a 1500 2wheel drive i have a yellow top to start the truck and a kinetik hc1800 connected to it under the hood does it matter that it aint close to my amps? and no big 3 done yet

Its a truck so the length of power wire shouldnt matter as much compaired to a average car as long as its 1/0 gauge power wire.

I would really try and suggest moving the hc1800 closer to the amp for best results possible, and also do the big 3 when you get time to, it will also increase performance.

In simple terms:

The amp is going to try and draw the needed power from the closest point possible, if you have the battery within 2 feet or so from the amp, its going to use that battery to power the amp, and any additional power it needs it will take from the next closest thing with the least resistance.

Depending on what amp you are using the hc1800 should be good enough to power the amp on its own and the alternator will keep the batteries charged.

Its a truck so the length of power wire shouldnt matter as much compaired to a average car as long as its 1/0 gauge power wire.

I would really try and suggest moving the hc1800 closer to the amp for best results possible, and also do the big 3 when you get time to, it will also increase performance.

In simple terms:

The amp is going to try and draw the needed power from the closest point possible, if you have the battery within 2 feet or so from the amp, its going to use that battery to power the amp, and any additional power it needs it will take from the next closest thing with the least resistance.

Depending on what amp you are using the hc1800 should be good enough to power the amp on its own and the alternator will keep the batteries charged.

the amps im using are rf t1k and a jl audio (200 wrms) for mids/highs with 1/0 gauge wire. my only problems is at nite when the headlights dim and voltage drops to 12-13volts.

mycars.jpg

Archived