Sonic Electronix

$6 a foot is not a bad price either coming from a shop (IMO) assuming you can get most nice OFC for $4/ft direct. Pretty reasonable markup. Not saying I wouldn't go somewhere else but its no reason to think poorly of the shop. I know a local shop in my area that sells the same thing for $8/ft. I don't buy it but the shop is still good, the installers there really are pros.

Team NorthWestSPL

This shop wouldn't happen to be in Louisville would it? The one here in Louisville, I'd rather have my neighbor 13 year old install my equipment then these guys. Haha

No it's not, it's in Alabama.

well there's your problem lol what part of bama? I was down there for a few years and that's where I first started getting into car audio... wow so much bad/false information from car audio places down there lol

I agree with your statement the more I find out about car audio. This place is located around the Jasper area. It was the closes shop to me at the giving time and as far as them being "extreme" I'm not to sure with brands of speakers they had. Sony,Audiobahn,something called Obcon or somehing, and then they some that were respectable like JL and memphis but that was about it.

LOL Stinger pro is alright wire, TONS of people carry it. How much did he want for a spool? or per foot?

It was $5 and some odd cents. Close to $6 per foot.

I would never pay that for CCA or Hybrid wire.

$6 a foot is not a bad price either coming from a shop (IMO) assuming you can get most nice OFC for $4/ft direct. Pretty reasonable markup. Not saying I wouldn't go somewhere else but its no reason to think poorly of the shop. I know a local shop in my area that sells the same thing for $8/ft. I don't buy it but the shop is still good, the installers there really are pros.

The reason I thought poorly of the shop was the way he acted when I asked if it was CCA or OFC and not being knowledgeable of his product and just trying to sell me on "it's the best" out there so buy attitude.

This shop wouldn't happen to be in Louisville would it? The one here in Louisville, I'd rather have my neighbor 13 year old install my equipment then these guys. Haha

No it's not, it's in Alabama.

well there's your problem lol what part of bama? I was down there for a few years and that's where I first started getting into car audio... wow so much bad/false information from car audio places down there lol

I agree with your statement the more I find out about car audio. This place is located around the Jasper area. It was the closes shop to me at the giving time and as far as them being "extreme" I'm not to sure with brands of speakers they had. Sony,Audiobahn,something called Obcon or somehing, and then they some that were respectable like JL and memphis but that was about it.

what they sell doesn't necessarily mean anything. one place down in Montgomery has Hertz stuff in stock at all times comp speakers coax speakers and subs and amps. I went to them with an amp I had bought that I was expecting to have 1/0 gauge terminals and it only had 4 gauge terminals asking them how to put the 1/0 wire I ran through my car in the 4 hole and yano what he did? (and at the time I didn't know enough to realize that was a bad idea so I went with it blindly) he took one of my extra fuses... put the 1/0 in one end... gave me 2 4" pieces of 4gauge... put one piece in the other end of the fuse and put a terminal on one end of the other piece for me to use as a ground and said I was good to go now it would work and it would be 100% safe.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Was it Richardson Electronics? That's the one I've been to in Jasper around 5 years ago for my first setup and they had the same brand stuff. Audio X in Florence is pretty good, or they've always been cool to me. They have a lot of MECA and audio shows, plus they carry Incriminator Audio too. Otherwise I don't know very many good shops in Northern Alabama.

EDIT: Found their website. http://www.richardsonelectronicsinc.com/products-and-services.html

lol i know how ya feel i worked for a shop called AUDIO INNOVATIONS

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

anyways its in lenoir, nc and the guy who ownes the place will rip ur arm off and beat u with it and lie all day long just too make a penny dont care about happy customers and i hated too see people get ripped off becouse they didnt shop around and see if the products was worth the prices he had like a used and scratched hifonics hf1000.1 he sold for 350buxs even though u buy new for like 150 if that, didnt wire speakers through door molex he just have wires ran around just becouse he didnt care but it drove me insane and allso i worked there a couple weeks and left considering i worked 63+ hrs for 250buxs lol

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Was it Richardson Electronics? That's the one I've been to in Jasper around 5 years ago for my first setup and they had the same brand stuff. Audio X in Florence is pretty good, or they've always been cool to me. They have a lot of MECA and audio shows, plus they carry Incriminator Audio too. Otherwise I don't know very many good shops in Northern Alabama.

EDIT: Found their website. http://www.richardsonelectronicsinc.com/products-and-services.html

Yes it was that shop. I've been to audio x for a competition last year ometime and their whole facility seemed more professional from the gear to help of people compared to what I experienced with this other place.

Archived