Second Skin Audio

enclosure opinions

Not quite sure, never been able to afford to do any testing on this as I am still in high school haha

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Not quite sure, never been able to afford to do any testing on this as I am still in high school haha

hahaah good deal.

perhaps i should make a topic for that? or maybe someone will see it here and help me.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

It makes a HUGE difference. My first box i built, had 4 sq inches of port area per foot in it and it sounded OKAY, but it barley flexed anything. changed out the boxes for one with the same sq ft as the other, but 15 sq inches of port..... DESTROYED my car. Same power and everything. Its all in the box...

Also, what kind of placement of the subs and port are you going to use for the box in the back seat? Dont do sub forward port up,do subs upport up!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

It makes a HUGE difference. My first box i built, had 4 sq inches of port area per foot in it and it sounded OKAY, but it barley flexed anything. changed out the boxes for one with the same sq ft as the other, but 15 sq inches of port..... DESTROYED my car. Same power and everything. Its all in the box...

Also, what kind of placement of the subs and port are you going to use for the box in the back seat? Dont do sub forward port up,do subs upport up!

i see! thanks for that. so maybe i should sacrifice some of my tuning IE: tuned to around 38hz instead of 28hz in order to get a lot more port area?

My plans at first were sub up port forward. now i think it will be easier to do sub up port up. sound good?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Yeah! But never sacrifice tuning no! Use AS MUCH SPACE in the back seat as possible! If you have to, mess around with the length and width of the port. Try to stay under 33 hz.... But still between 12-16 range. Dont go below 12. I never go below 14 but thats just me. Use as much space as possible in the back seat to get the recommended sq ft of the box, ad the desired tuning. Dont sacrifice one for the other. If you HAVE too, then start looking at smaller woofer options. Like 1 bad ass 18 (Lvl 6 or SP4 or HDC4) expensive but DEF worth it!

If you have to/want to, build the box inside the car. And make sure you bolt it down regardless of which route you take!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Yeah! But never sacrifice tuning no! Use AS MUCH SPACE in the back seat as possible! If you have to, mess around with the length and width of the port. Try to stay under 33 hz.... But still between 12-16 range. Dont go below 12. I never go below 14 but thats just me. Use as much space as possible in the back seat to get the recommended sq ft of the box, ad the desired tuning. Dont sacrifice one for the other. If you HAVE too, then start looking at smaller woofer options. Like 1 bad ass 18 (Lvl 6 or SP4 or HDC4) expensive but DEF worth it!

If you have to/want to, build the box inside the car. And make sure you bolt it down regardless of which route you take!

i see..

i will remeasure the car using as much space as i possibly can..but i still have to be able to sit comfortably...i'm not a short guy, just under 6' in a corolla.

I'm going to find a way to achieve this with out eliminating a sub, must have 2x 18's!

also, it will for sure have to be built inside the car. i'll be taking the front seats out to build it.

i will report back later with what i come up with. i appreciate the help!

somehow my wood thickness got set to 3" which was messing everything up..

aight. this seems decent. gimme some opinions.

31.7 hz at 13 inch per foot port area. this will be a big port.

what problems will i have with the port being so close to the back of the box?

What do you mean?

earlier in this thread, someone said that the end of my port needs to be a certain distance from the back of my box. with this current config i would have a 20" port that was only 4" from back of box.

Post your Torres

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived