1997 cadillac seville needs suspension upgrades to handle 22s

Hey men.

title pretty much states what i need help with. I have a seville with all stock suspension, and my plan is to run some 22s on it whrn taxes come in. Now...... In 2003, i had the same year model caddy and i had 22s on it. My turning radius sucked balls and i tore and shredded many many sets of tires before i rrealized that i needed to give upo on the 22s. NOw many moons later, im alomost 30 myears old, and i wanna do it right thos time, and dont wanna spend a ton of money on it.

Is there anything i can buy, to replace the ewxsisting air ride shocks in the rear?? I mean, like can i buy some aftermnarket airn shocks that will actually lift the car up a few inches?? Also the front, ids there some thing i czn buy to raise the front 2 or 4 inches??

a\thanks in advance

Nick

aka, I do the douggie

As far as the back goes, you can buy an air spring that will be a complete bolt on upgrade for like $100 per side. As for the front, if you have the electronic stability control or the speed sensitive steering, you will have a hard time getting an air strut that will be a plug and play swap. Most likely you will have to deactivate those systems if you plan on upgrading. I have yet to find any aftermarket companies that deal with the Cadillac type computer regulated air suspension from back in the day.

As far as the back goes, you can buy an air spring that will be a complete bolt on upgrade for like $100 per side. As for the front, if you have the electronic stability control or the speed sensitive steering, you will have a hard time getting an air strut that will be a plug and play swap. Most likely you will have to deactivate those systems if you plan on upgrading. I have yet to find any aftermarket companies that deal with the Cadillac type computer regulated air suspension from back in the day.

Well, that doesnt sound to bad for the back. 'Lemme ask you this..... It has an onboard compressor and stuff so it fills the rear air shocks up. Now.. my question is, can i put a bigger shock in there?? Or does it have to be a oem replacement?? I want it to lift up a little higher than stock (about 2 or 3 inches higher than stock air shocks allow)

For the front. That stinks. Maybe some thing i can do with the springs in the front???? maybe some of those bolt on spacers?? Stiffen it up some i know it will, but it will also raise it up a little if i dont let the coil sag all the way down, (spring spacers i think is waht they are)

You could put a bigger shock in the ass end, only thing that would concern me with leaving the factory compressor/drier assembly in the car would be that of whether or not it could handle the added stress of a larger air shock. But if you plan on getting a bigger shock all you would have to do is put on a different hose connection on the end to make it work with the new shocks.

Question : Does your Cadillac have that speed sensitive steering or the automatic front struts?

If it does have the automatic front struts which are air struts, you could in theory use the spacers to basically raise the height of the front end. Only problem with that is you should do all your bearings when you do something like that and upgrade to heavy duty bearings. IF you DONT have the automatic front suspension and you just have a regular strut up front, you can get a "taller" strut and just bolt it on and do your bearings and you're done. One other thing you have to check is make sure the drive axles and the steering linkage will clear and move properly when you do your lift, if they don't you will have to do some lengthening to them. But if im not mistaken you can do up to 4" I believe on the front end without having to do anything major other than the bearing changes.

• 3 months later...

lil trouble installing the lower brackets on my 63 impala . Everything. Else seem good just having a lil trouble with the lower ones dont wanna weld only as last resort. . I no theres someone who can help.. camon guys..

web hosting services by EnvisionWebhosting web hosting services by EnvisionWebhostingleather4sure - leather jackets leather4sure - leather jacketsmotorcycle saddlebags - leather4sure.com motorcycle saddlebags - leather4sure.comleather biker jacket - leather4sure.com leather biker jacket - leather4sure.comaviator jacket - leather4sure.com aviator jacket - leather4sure.com

Archived