Second Skin Audio

Need a box design

Helping my buddy get a system going in his 2010 silverado. He is looking to keep it under the rear seat so that he can still haul his kids around but have decent beat when he wants it. He already has a Sundown SA-10 D2 and a memphis 1000.1D amp. He wants it to be tuned @ 32 hz. I have a sketch with the max dimensions and i was thinking that the best way to set it up would be to have the sub firing forward and the port mostly in the long piece that goes over the center hump firing to the passenger side. I will paypal however much it takes to get this design done. Need it done asap because he will be movin by the end of the month. LMK what you can do.

**ALSO I JUST REALIZED THE TWO MEASUREMNTS OF 7" SHOULD BE 7.5". MY BAD**

SchaferBoxSketch.png

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

To hard to see man

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

i was bored and couldn't sleep so i thought id try my luck here and threw this together real quick. the sides kinda threw me and i was only able to use torres with some manual calculations. id be curious to know how far off i am. by my math you would have .8 cubic feet of box space (a bit under what is recomended by the mfg site) no double baffle, no bracing out side of the port, a woffer displacement of .1 and you would use exactly the measurements you listed. your physical port length would be 26.78 with a port length of 28.73. your height of port would be 1.2" with a port area of 10.2" squared. the tuning would be 33.19hz

http://imgur.com/a/mbakO

pics of the box. ^

speaking of hard to see... here is one more pic that might make thigns easier: http://i.imgur.com/4pdyOic.jpg

there was JUST enough room to squeeze in the port with proper distance between the extension. ive never built a ported box before so im just winging it but i think i understand things correctly. the surface area of the port is on the low side but i was unable to keep the low tuning with any taller of a port.

http://i.imgur.com/4pdyOic.jpg

nothing, gutted

Hey man, I appreciate it! The only thing that scares me though is the port area. I spoke with him today and told him the dificulties and he said that he would be ok with 32-34hz tuning. How much easier would it be to just do a single 4" aero port in that same space and maybe just go partial external port to gain some room inside the box. Although idk how easy it will be to get the port area right that way. I figure its worth a shot. I know the box's internal vol is 1.11cuft and a 28" long 4" round port would be right at 32hz... i just dont know how to calculate the port area or if it being partial external effects anything.

i was bored and couldn't sleep so i thought id try my luck here and threw this together real quick. the sides kinda threw me and i was only able to use torres with some manual calculations. id be curious to know how far off i am. by my math you would have .8 cubic feet of box space (a bit under what is recomended by the mfg site) no double baffle, no bracing out side of the port, a woffer displacement of .1 and you would use exactly the measurements you listed. your physical port length would be 26.78 with a port length of 28.73. your height of port would be 1.2" with a port area of 10.2" squared. the tuning would be 33.19hz

http://imgur.com/a/mbakO

pics of the box. ^

speaking of hard to see... here is one more pic that might make thigns easier: http://i.imgur.com/4pdyOic.jpg

there was JUST enough room to squeeze in the port with proper distance between the extension. ive never built a ported box before so im just winging it but i think i understand things correctly. the surface area of the port is on the low side but i was unable to keep the low tuning with any taller of a port.

http://i.imgur.com/4pdyOic.jpg

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-Knu Konceptz Wire

im not sure on the external port. the box would need to be shortened a bit to allow you room to build an external port so you would need to factor in the loss of volume there and over come that by a long external port. perhaps you could add some of that fluff in the box to give the sub the appearance of a 1 cubic foot box up from .8. i will need to read into your subs port area specs, i did the generic 12-16 multiplication to determine the size of your port in that 3d sketch. your port height of 1.2 is about 37% from the bottom of the cut off so its not horrible. the port area per foot is 13.08 squared. the subs manual should state what it recommends for port area.

nothing, gutted

Well i started doing some math of my own on my day off yesterday and i used my exact dimensions above with a 29" long 4" aero port with 5 " being external leaving roughly .9 internal volume after sub and port and just under 32hz tuning and 15 sq. in. of port per cube. I know that the SA's usualy are recommended 1 cube at rated RMS but this one is getting 1000WRMS so a little smaller enclosure should be fine.

-Knu Konceptz Wire

yea i suppose so. im rather new to the sub box world, just started building my first box yesterday @ 8 cubic feet for a single sub. i know ive heard of people using that poly fill to virtually increase the sub box area by making the sub think its in a larger box. you could play with that.

nothing, gutted

Archived