2006 Scion XB 2 SA12s and BRZ2100 4th order wall on Page 4

Not many alt choices for us... only real option i have found is dc power... and its pricey....

So far I have checked with Tenney, Singer, DC Power, Excessive Amperage, Mechman, and some highoutputalternators.com website. I won't post all their individual prices here (will pm them if anyone has a Scion and is interested) but they range from $350-$650 for 170 to 200 amps. Tenney, SInger, and Excessive Amperage offer direct fit replacements. Mechman would require some alterations. I can't seem to find a quote from DC Power, I think they didn't respond to my request. Highoutputalternators.com seemed shady, they were by far the highest price, and seemed to offer the same (exact same manufacturer/part # etc...) as the Denso 170a that I can buy on ebay for $189 shipped lol. As of right now I am leaning towards either EA or Tenney. But I am still kind of on the fence, and am considering trying a secondary battery first.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

As usual with things I work on, I start in the wrong place lol. I was smart enough to dynamat just about the entire car before getting started, but foolish enough to neglect my electrical system. I threw an optima blue top up front this afternoon, and am anxiously awaiting 50 feet of 1/0 and some terminals from skyhighcaraudio. Once I get that (probably mon-tues) I will be doing the Big 3, and upgrading from 4g to 1/0 all the way back. I was absolutely killing my headlights lol. If this doesn't fix it, there will be a new alternator in my future as well.

On a positive note, those subs can take a hell of a beating without even getting warm. I originally set my gain with a dmm knowing that it won't stop me from clipping but figuring it would put me in the ballpark as far as wattage went. At the suggested 300 watts RMS per sub at a 1.3~ ohm load I calculated up right around 34 volts and set the gain accordingly using a 40hz test track. With those settings it wasn't near loud enough for me so I did what any fool would do... and cranked it up lol (well.. not all the way, but you get the picture)

Currently the gain is about 3/4 of the way up with the bass boost up just a little bit (probably 1/4 or so) with pretty flat setting on my head unit (appradio 2) I left the bass settings pretty flat and adjusted the upper freqs to suit my tastes and don't turn it up past 30 (it goes to 40) to hopefully prevent sending a clipped signal to the amp. However, I can't guarantee that I am not clipping my subs. If anyone in the VA Beach or OBX area has an O scope or DD1 and the time to help me out, I will buy the beer, soda, or whatever you drink.

I am an electrician with the Coast Guard and can work an O scope, but I don't currently have access to one. Lol at my last job I had 3 of them that I didn't dust off in the entire 4 years I was there lol.... now that I need one, I don't have one.

System sounds great, amp and subs stay cool, but until I get hold of an O scope I will probably not run them too hard.

Front stage is going to get done this weekend. Alpine type-S components up front, and some Polk Audio coaxials in the back running off a Kicker 300.2. I may be looking for a 4 channel sometime in the future but for now that will get it done.

As far as the box goes, I cust/installed the tinted plexi last night after painting the areas underneath where the plexi will be. Looks great both lit and unlit. I am currently wrestling with ideas on how exactly I want to do the amp rack, and considering removing the spare tire, making a false floor which would give me more room for wiring, as well as make it easier to bolt the box to the car. It is just sitting loose right now and I don't like that.

Well enough with all the talk lol. Going to get back to work. Hopefully here in a day or two I will have some new pics and maybe a vid. But right now I use my phone to play the music and can't really make vids at the same time :P Thanks for all your comments and interest!

I live in Hampton and I have DD-1, CC-1, and a kick ass Mulitmeter. Good lookin' box though, come through and lets hear it tuned proper.

Just doin' my thing in the car audio. Still working on getting build forums up.

Gen Coupe

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188409-2013-38-genesis-coupe-track-when-speed-meets-bass/

oh, that is cool i like the lights

Thanks, I borrowed the idea from 96 Burban's Fernandez Edition builds. We used slightly different methods as far as trimming it out and mounting the plexi, but his builds are pretty clean and I learned a lot by checking them out.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

I live in Hampton and I have DD-1, CC-1, and a kick ass Mulitmeter.

If you are free some weekend, I could probably happen to be up that way :P Don't know if/what you charge but we could probably work something out. If nothing else I could buy lunch haha. PM me if you have time in the next couple of weeks.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Here is a little surprise update. Earlier this week I ordered some plastidip from dipyourcar.com I tried the carbon fiber pattern on my gas cap just to see what it looks like, and so far I kinda like it lol. Here are a couple of pics. at some point this week I will be doing my wheels in matte black. Then I will either pearlize them (my car paint flips colors just a bit so this might look nice with it) or I may use either silver or gold metalizer, or I may just leave em matte black lol. The cool thing about this stuff is that if I change my mind I can rip it off and try something different.

IMG_0348.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0349.jpg

As you can tell in the last pic, it is noticeable but I don't think it is too over the top. Looks different without calling too much attention.

Gonna try and get those rub marks buffed out lol. They don't go all the way into the paint so I am hoping that some rubbing compound will fix them. I may just have the dealership do it though lol. Also, noob question, but how do I change the title of this thread when I update stuff?

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Nice job so far. Where are you from?

Damn lol, I missed this post a few weeks ago. I am in the Coast Guard and currently stationed in Elizabeth City. I sent you a pm as well.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Did you use router or table saw for those. My next box will definitely be built like that. Thinking about messing with a t-line myself for my 8s but can't figure out how to get all 3 of them in the space I have available without cancellation. Still working on it though.

Sorry man didn't see this post.

You use a table saw..with a stacked dado blade set.

637d19ef-adb1-4519-9bba-6d3e931a6216_300

I like the stuff Freud puts out..but it's pricier then other options. If you are only doing a few box build I would look at something similar but less expensive.

Just a tip: Do not trust the packaging on the blades you buy...they come with two outside blades and the inner blades that you offset. You stack them to acheive the desired thickness. They also come with small paper/or aluminum shims to make fine adjustments. In my experience the measurements they give you are wrong and if you follow the instructions on setting the thickness to 3/4 you are usually 1/32" -1/16" wider then 3/4" and you get a loose fitting joint. That's where the shims come in..you remvoe a center blade and play with different shim sizes to get exactly 3/4" and a tight fit. It takes a while but once you hav eti set its all good.

Also just my opinion..stay away from the wobble dado blades or whatever the fuck they want to call them...they get set at an angle and actually "wobble" to give you a wide cut...they are cheap and suck.

If you wan't me to take the pics outta your build log just let me know. I don't want to clutter you up. Just trying to help.

I love the box BTW...looks clean and I have always like SA8 builds...beast little 8's

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

One more little thing I did today lol. Plastidip carbon fibered my wife's ipad. Not really part of my build, but I can use it as a source for appradio 2 lol so it fits :PIMG_03521.jpg

The glossifier is still a bit tacky in this pic so it looks a little better now than in the pic, but you get the idea. She works at BestBuy and her co workers are going to be jelly lol. I will probably end up doing several more of these for them.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Thats cool man.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived