Sundown Audio

Need Help Tuning Soundstream TX1.1300D Amp & LOC

soBASED

I have had my Soundstream TX1.1300D for a good 3-4months hooked up to my Sundown Audio E8v3 at 4ohms on 520 watts rms (supposedly, not CEA certified). Sounds good and clean, I have a very keen ear for distortion. My confusion/problem is that I have a line output converter wired to the amp, taking the signal from the factory sub in the rear deck. I have my LOC gains set half way with the bass on my stock H.U on my 2012 Accord set to -3 (ranges from -6 to +6, I think) and I have a gain control from the amp in my cup holder next to me. I keep my gain control not even a quarter of the way an sounds just fine, not too much bass at all and doesn't distort at my listening levels. How do I go about tuning the amp if it only has a gain control knob? It has a voltage input too, that I have at around 2v, not sure what my actual voltage from my LOC is, help for this also would be great! I have a cheap Axxess AX-ALOC608 LOC. I also have my bass boost off, of course. So to shorten it up, I need help on how to tune my LOC, along with my amp that has no gain dial but has a gain control knob, and to determine input voltage? I do not have a DD-1 or anything yet, just a multi meter... I plan on getting a DD-1 after my birthday in May when I have money lol. I'm only 17 that has a part time job in the summer, and I'm into car audio.

Car:
- 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT

- aFe SRI

Electrical:

- Big 3 w/ Execution Audio 0/1 AWG OFC
- Stock Battery

Audio:

- JBL Power Series 6.5 Comps up front (Running off HU power atm)

- JBL Power Series 2-Ways in the rear deck (Running off HU power atm)

Subwoofer:

- Sundown Audio X-15
- CT Sounds AT1400.1D (@1 ohm)

Bedroom:

- Yamaha RX-V365

- Pair of Klipsch KG4.2's

- 2 E8v3's in a 1.34ft^3 tuned to 30hz
- No Amp yet..

- CoolMax ZU900B PSU for amp

In my room & previous car:
- Amp: Soundstream TX1.1300D @ 4 ohms (520 watts)
- T-Line Enclosure tuned to 32hz
YouTube : http://www.youtube.c...r8?feature=mhee

I hope someone can help you, don't have experience with the LOC. why do you have it?

I don't have an aftermarket head unit.. So In order to add the sub and amp I decided to get a LOC, I have read about them, just wondering what should I do to play at its optimum performance, but my concern is mainly tuning the amp

Car:
- 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT

- aFe SRI

Electrical:

- Big 3 w/ Execution Audio 0/1 AWG OFC
- Stock Battery

Audio:

- JBL Power Series 6.5 Comps up front (Running off HU power atm)

- JBL Power Series 2-Ways in the rear deck (Running off HU power atm)

Subwoofer:

- Sundown Audio X-15
- CT Sounds AT1400.1D (@1 ohm)

Bedroom:

- Yamaha RX-V365

- Pair of Klipsch KG4.2's

- 2 E8v3's in a 1.34ft^3 tuned to 30hz
- No Amp yet..

- CoolMax ZU900B PSU for amp

In my room & previous car:
- Amp: Soundstream TX1.1300D @ 4 ohms (520 watts)
- T-Line Enclosure tuned to 32hz
YouTube : http://www.youtube.c...r8?feature=mhee

Archived