Sundown Audio

I just ordered an SA-8D4 and currently have a punch P300-1 that I'm going to replace with a bigger amp since it won't quite match the RMS of the sub. I'm thinking about a P1000-1bd. Would this amp be too much for this sub? If so is there another amp someone would suggest? I'd prefer RF to keep as much of my equipment in my truck the same as possible. Box will be 1.03 net and tuned to 35 Hz

If you are not going to upgrade your sub later for a higher rated rms sub @ 1 ohm, then for about the same price and wattage at 2 ohms you may want to consider the T500-1bdCP which is smaller compact and the higer line than the punch series amp and have the same rating at 2 ohms.

Don't let the Punch series fool ya,they're pretty stout their selves. I had one on 2 T2's for 5 years in my truck and it would work those subs. Either amp is a good choice so either way you'll be good. I like the punch amps and SE is a great place to buy them,got my T400.4 and T600.4 from them on Ebay and a lot of my other stuff from their site