Second Skin Audio

new box build not loud?!?

sbg

I have a single cab mazda B2300 with a DD 1010 in a 1.56^ft tuned @36hz and I feel like it's tuned too low. The back glass shakes insane and the dash has movement on the lows but it just doesn't hit as hard as I think it should. I think the tuning and smaller box is the problem. I mean 2.5^ft for a pair of 10's is close to the minimum airspace. I think tuning it around 40hz and getting the airspace closer to at least 2^ft per chamber would help. The airspace more than anything.

I swear that shit shot out into the parking lot too. Very dangerous, but fun.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

I have a single cab mazda B2300 with a DD 1010 in a 1.56^ft tuned @36hz and I feel like it's tuned too low. The back glass shakes insane and the dash has movement on the lows but it just doesn't hit as hard as I think it should. I think the tuning and smaller box is the problem. I mean 2.5^ft for a pair of 10's is close to the minimum airspace. I think tuning it around 40hz and getting the airspace closer to at least 2^ft per chamber would help. The airspace more than anything.

dd woofers are completely different animals than a company (eD) who is out of business.

does it really sound better with the woofers half a millimeter away from the hatch?

its like that because of the room I want in front of the box, This is why I went from 6-12s to 2-10s. I can now go get groceries or whatever I need to put in my truck, yes I could move the box back to the seats but I have my gate lock were u have to open it from the inside so it would suck trying to fit over the box every time to open the gate. And the subs are more like 4+ inch from the gate.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

the reason I stated that is because, i've seen a lot of people clip the shit out of subs with too little power, I should have been more clear

Completely off topic... but I have always been fascinated by this... In my eyes, you take a 600RMS sub, and throw 300RMS clipped at it. The sub can mechanically and thermally handle 600RMS. So, you are throwing 300RMS clipped at the sub, it isn't moving as much as it should be, not allowing it to properly cool, but at the same time it's only seeing that 300RMS. Whenever I see people say they blew it by doing this, I always question it, to myself normally though. Because I ran 2 300RMS rated subs on 300RMS amp, gain and bass boost all the way turned up, never had a problem. Other than the amp going into protect for being ran at .5ohms when it was only 2ohm stable. Plus I'll clip the shit out of my SA's I currently have, clipped hard for a good 30 minutes straight and never smelt any coil burning, cones were a little warm though at the end. Clipping is just such a wide topic... :shrug:
when I was 16-20 I blew 40 something subs from this.

I was talking from experience, lol I went through subs like toilet paper, and would just buy more, got to try out a lot of shit though, lol

well at first it is from to little power, then it was from too much power, lol, subwoofers are definitely made better than they used to be

Never blown a sub from anything, and I hard clip on purpose at times, only when underpowering though and never had a single problem. Guess since I known when enough is enough..

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

dd woofers are completely different animals than a company (eD) who is out of business.
yes they are different subs, all subs are different, yes Ed is now out of business but it was not from pop equipment it was from bad business management. I wouldn't put ED down like they are junk. My subs are almost the same sub is a DC audio level 4 m2. 3" coil, 1400 rms, 40pound magnet, 24mm of xmax and so on.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

haters gonna hate :sigh:5D6E38A2-CACE-4E1A-8157-2A150EA755C8-129

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Archived