I need help

BIG 6X6 MIKE

Hi my name is Michael and I am new to the forum, ok so hear it goes I have the Pioneer DEH-80PRS and I'm going to be using it to do my first active system. The first question I have is can I use my Focal 165KRX2 K2 components without the cossover they come with and run them doing an active setup? I'm really not trying to do a full blown SQ system but just something that sounds really good. And my second question would be I want to run another set of the Focals with maybe two t400.4 one for the mids and one for the highs? So like I said this will be my first active setup so if this would be an ok setup can someone please let me know and I really appreciate any help I can get. And also if I posted this in the wrong section I apologize.

Welcome to SMD

links to all of the products you have listed will help ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thank you for the welcome, ok I'll post some links of the products I have and the ones I would like to use, and like i said I'm not going full SQ but more of SQ/SPL and also if it helps this will be going in a 2001 chrysler 300M ok heres the list and thanks again for the response and for any advice I can get.

HU/ Pioneer DEH-80PRS

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?tp=5684

Front stage/ Focal K2 Power 165KRX2 (two sets)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165KRX2/Focal-K2-Power-165KRX2.html?tp=106

Rear fill/Focal K2 Power 165KRX2

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165KRX2/Focal-K2-Power-165KRX2.html?tp=106

Rockford Fosgate t400.4 (3 of them for front stage and rear fill)

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=107995

SPL/ SUB FI BTL N3 15" (maybe two later on but one for now)

http://store.ficaraudio.com/n315/

SUB/Amp Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdCP

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_57525001CP/Rockford-Fosgate-T2500-1bdCP.html?tp=35834

But really open to any advice or suggestions ,but one of my big questions is if it would be ok to run the focal components without the crossover they come with to run a active system. Thanks again for any advice and help I can get. Oh and I hope thats what you ment by links lol!!!

WOW !!! Thats a badass component set ... and 2400 dollars for what you are asking for, dang ...

That would be no where nears enough amplifier power for this ... expecially if you are looking for dynamics and headroom ...

One 3 way component set may work for what you have planned ... What kind of vehicle are we talking about here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Yeah there up there in price but I found them over in the UK for alot cheaper , The car all this is going in is a 2001 chrysler 300M , and your saying 3 t400.4 won't be enough for these speakers? And if so what would you recommend wattage wise on those speakers because there rated at 100 rms per side, and also they would be ok to run without the crossovers they come with and can I do all the tuning through the HU and amps? And like I said this will be the first active system I will be doing so its a little new to me so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

All I'm saying is that my 3 way component set (comparable to what you are interested in) has somewhere around 600 watts (150w x 4) per channel on them and seem to be screaming for more ... Well built component sets like that DEMAND power, dynamics, and headroom ... no matter what there rating is

Oh ok then maybe 3 Rockford Fosgate t600.4 or even 3 t800.4? I was just trying to match the rms ratings because just being afraid of blowing the speakers. Because even at the $700 pure set Im getting them for can still get pricey lol!!! But thank you for your time and knowledge because I would have been way under powering them. So I guess my last question would be if I bump up the power to the t600.4's or even the t800.4's to the speakers and run them active without the crossovers would I be on the right track? Or is there something else you would suggest? And thanks again

OK ... for your front stage, you plan to run 4 tweeters and 4 midbass drivers ... Active

1st ... My suggestion would be to tell you to run ONLY 2 tweeters mounted either up on the A-pillars or on the sail pannels and cross them around 3000 htz. Tuning will come into play here ...

2nd ... Do you have good locations planned out for 4 midbass drivers ?? Fiberglass work to the doors maybe ??

3rd ... Wondering if maybe you might need a pair of midrange drivers to go with this ... ???

If possible, would you please post pics of your vehicle's dash and doors ... Can't remember where the stock locations are on those vehicles ...

Ok I really don't know how to post pictures lol!!! But yes I plan on custom mounting the 2 drivers on my doors, as far as doing anything in my kick panels is out do to the parking break I know I could try to relocate it but don't want to go through the hassle. The stock location for the 6.5 is in the door and the stock location for the tweeter is also on the top of the door right in front of the A pillars.

I wouldn't mess with the kick pannels unless it was absolutely necessray if it was me ...

hard to make adequate air space most of the time ...

Then again, just my suggestion

Archived