I need help

BIG 6X6 MIKE

Yeah I really didn't want any down there so that's good news for me, and as for the doors there's limited space there also but I know I can comfortably fit the two 6.5 drivers with no problem I hope lol!!! Now what would you recommend for proper air space in my doors or does it just come down to trial and error? And all so your suggestion for runing just one tweeter per door would that be for better tuning?

Yes ... A pair of tweeters on a single 2 channel amp will tune out really nice. Multiple tweeters have never sounded "great" to me ...

Honnestly, Going "2 way" active would be a great start ... Something like a single 8 in each door on another 2 channel amp ...

Just throwing options out there for you ... and trying to save you a few dollars in the process.

You will need the extra dough for Sound Deadning, wiring, and other needy stuff ... You can always live, learn, and upgrade down the road ... I've always been more for doing more with less when it comes to Car Audio

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I really appreciate the options and especially for you trying to save me some money. But I'm really sold on getting the 6.5 Focal they just sound really good and I guess I can always sell the other set of tweeters, and whats your suggestion on the rear fill for my car because it is a 4 door and want a little something back there. But the good thing about it is I'm going to be building the system little by little so I don't mind going full out the first time because I really hate redoing fiberglass work lol!!!

But the good thing about it is I'm going to be building the system little by little so I don't mind going full out the first time because I really hate redoing fiberglass work lol!!!

I've said the same thing in the past ... SEVERAL system setups ago in my truck

I'm thinking the 8 will perform better than 2 6.5" drivers ... and easier to install, possible in stock locations behind the door pannels with a little work ...

Please remember that "High End" products like Focal is all about music definition, sound, dynamics, headroom, and all aspects around musical perfection verses being loud, just sounding good and trying to keep up with the bass ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I'd use that set of Focals to their utmost potiential before upgrading ...

Just saying ... Stock locations active with 2 BIG 2 channel amplifiers ...

not sure if those vehicles have the drivers in the rear deck or rear doors, but I would go with stock upgrades (coax drivers or something similar) in the stock locations either off of radio power or a small 2 channel amp will be fine ...

Do you have that Focal component set installed and playing in your vehicle now ?? passive ?? on a amplifier ??

No the Focal set is not in the car yet. The only thing I put in the car so far was the HU/ DEH 80-PRS runing the stock speakers and it's killing me because I know the potential my HU has. The only reason the HU is in is because the stock radio went out. I was going to wait till I got all the stuff for my front stage before I started installing anything.

I'm sure that you would notice a MAJOR difference if you installed that passive 2 way component set in the stock location in the front doors ... I would deaden the doors (and seal every open area to the door pannel in the process) during the component installation ...

once I got that tuned in, then I would add the amplifier to it and retune ... You will get a bettter understanding of the system if you go in steps ...

then again, like I said ... Just my suggestions here

Archived