Kicker CS speakers

Nas Escobar

Does anyone have any info or experience with the Kicker CS speakers? I assume that the CS are supposed to slot in between the DS and the KS, as that's how it's posted on their site. From what I've read, the CS are supposed to be economical, yet are the most "powerful" (in terms of RMS and peak power) speakers that Kicker has made so far. I personally think that claim is a bit outrageous, but doing research, it seems as if the CS is supposed to be a step up from DS but not yet up with KS.

Now I've experienced the KS speakers, and I have to say, I personally believe that the Polk Audio DXI-650 perform better. The sound feels more rich on the Dxi650 over the KS speakers (6.5 speakers).

Anyways, can I expect more from the CS? I'm very skeptical about buying Kicker, as I've always felt their speakers are overhyped, but after doing research, they are one of the few companies that still make 4" speakers. The only reason I need that size is to replace my factory speakers in my Olds Cutlass Supreme vert. The plan for this car is to upgrade to a 6 speaker system (The car was wired for speakers on the doors, but did not come with, even though my car is fairly loaded).

All help is appreciated.

If you think I shouldn't get the Kickers, please give me another set of speakers to look at. These speakers would be powered by an amp in the future, but that won't be until later this year, early next year.

RF T142s Great highs and can take the power. Put a set in t=my sons Tahoe but there are a butt load of 4" out there so you dont have to limit yourself to kicker if you dont want them.

RF T142s Great highs and can take the power. Put a set in t=my sons Tahoe but there are a butt load of 4" out there so you dont have to limit yourself to kicker if you dont want them.

I know that, but most of them are really weak. I'm more of an Alpine fan, and I have an old school (by today's standards) Alpine CDA 7863. This thing is crazy as to how nice the sound is. I even retrofitted an AUX cable (via the AI NET). Now my weak point isn't the radio but the speakers. But anyways, I'm shooting for a 50-60 RMS 4" speaker, but most seem to like to be within the 30/40RMS range, and have the peak power low too. So far, only the Kicker is what I want (50/150). The only other speaker that is close are brands like "Boss" and "Power Acoustik". I personally don't trust those brands. I've always heard bad things about them, but who knows... The skull speakers look decent (BOSS)

The other thing I don't like about other speakers is that they're limited around 80-90hz. I know speakers this size probably shouldn't play anything lower than 60, but at times, I feel the fact that the speaker isn't capacitated to play anything lower than that affects "staging" (for lack of better words). To put it in another way, right now, my front stock 4" speakers can't play anything lower than 100hz, while the rear stock 6.5" speakers can play up to 30hz, so it seems that the 6" overpower the 4". At first I thought I was imagining things, but when I played with the radio's fader, I realized how empty and hollow the 4"s sound. At times, it seems as if they're tweeters more than anything. That's also why I can't really consider the Alpine 4" speakers. They can't play anything lower than 90hz, but are capable of playing up to 24 or so khz (which wouldn't be heard anyway since the human ear can't hear anything past 20khz).

This is one of those "rock/hard place" tyoe of deals. My fear in this is that once the doors have 6.5", then the 4" speakers won't even be heard or noticed.

Archived