Sonic Electronix

1st build...Ideas? Input from ppl with more knowledge than me.

I have everything. Well besides dynamat. MDF, subs, should get a bigger amp but that will come down the road, extra batt (not xs) sorry, no more cap. Had one...worked good I guess...read enough to show me they are junk. Anything else I should have? Done the big 3.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Back to p&s...really don't use it huh?? I already have it. Leftover from a roof job....am I gonna have to bite the bullet on this one?? I'm not gonna win here am I?!?!? Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

What people mean when they say don't mix different subs is that you should put two different subs in the same box. Because it can screw up the woofers. Build the box right for whatever sub you are going to use.

But if you have two of the same sub it will be perfectly acceptable to build a box double the size of one to accommodate the two. And once again please don't cut corners in your build. Every little detail will be extremely useful either for safety reason in wiring or for cleaner louder output in you box.

Edit: Yes please don't use Peel and Seal. And thank you for reading as much as you could on here before making a topic so you know what everyone is talking about.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Back to p&s...really don't use it huh?? I already have it. Leftover from a roof job....am I gonna have to bite the bullet on this one?? I'm not gonna win here am I?!?!? Lol

If you want to put it on go ahead. It's your car. It's not gonna help anything tho. You would have to put it on 3 layers thick to even notice a difference. All your really doing is adding extra weight to your car. So ya it's pretty pointless to even put it on.just wait till you get some good sound dampening material

I listen to all kinds but I want to be able to put on some psyph and show it off too. I know I'm not going to be the loudest by any means but I want to be as good as I can with what I have. I can build my own box and wire everything. Kinda looking for a box idea... Also I hear a lot about "not mixing subs". So should I not try to build a box for 4 and use my other p1s? I know I prob sound stupid but I only ask cause I don't know and want to learn....

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. No you can't put the p1s and p3s in the same box as was stated. Do you already have all your power wire and rcas and everything else, besides what you listed you don't have?

Yes, I have all my wires run, head unit. I had the p1s in a sealed box already... Just want to go bigger. What do u think about one box for the 4 subs but separate them 2x2. Know what I mean?? Separate ports and such....

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

It's not recommended but I'm sure that it won't hurt anything in seperate boxes. My only concern would be airspace. Would you have enough room for 4 subs in the back of your car? For each twelve the average airspace is 1.75-2.5 cubic feet. So of course double that for two. That's quite a bit of space being taken up for just two. Also in a good box those subs will sound pretty decent.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

roofing material belongs on roofs.

its been shown that when comparing second skin products to peel and seal, in order to get the same amount of dampening, you would need about 5 layers of PnS for every 1 layer of SS. at that point you're already spending just as much for the "more expensive" product.

I suppose im not real attached to them.....My other issue is, with the "Big 3" and an extra batt, how big should I go with an amp? Or how big can I go I should say? I just dont want to get into 4 alts and 12 batts! Lol. Im not looking to be that big. AND heres my NEXT issue.....HOW FUCKING LONG CAN I LOOK AT SONIX AND AUDIO SAV BEFORE I CAN PICK A SUB?!?!?! Seriously....my wife looks at me like im crazy cause I look at the same shit over and over....IDK what to get...whats good whats junk!?!!? Read reviews....Some say GREAT...Some say FUCKING JUNK! MB Quart?? Nice? Bad? Can someone list some decent 12s that dont cost 900 bucks?!?!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived