Sundown Audio

SA-12 2 ohm dvc clipping, enclosure maybe?

Good video, but I really wish Sonic had NOT put out a misleading video like that. They had an O scope to verify, thousands of others won't. They'll see the video and be like,"well sonic did it, so can I. I'll

never clip again!"

Again, OP, YOU'RE going off of your ears to "hear" a square wave huh? Impossible!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

dude if you turn a 300 watt amp up to high it will distort no matter what depending on the some amps will clip at 50% of the way if you not use to setting an amp up bring it to someone qualified to do so or see if there is anyone on here in you area to help you

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Gotcha, I'm going to double check some things first, make sure there isn't an air leak, and the port isn't loose. Thanks for the advice, people.

dude if you turn a 300 watt amp up to high it will distort no matter what depending on the some amps will clip at 50% of the way if you not use to setting an amp up bring it to someone qualified to do so or see if there is anyone on here in you area to help you

Dude, thanks for the advice but I know all of that. This amp has ran fine at 1.0v on other subs I've had it for years. If I had an oscope I would determine it's clipping point myself but I don't, will probably buy one when I have the money..I know how to use one.

Edited by Guest

headunit has 4v preouts. amp is set to 1v. yeah clipping can happen then.

on 300 watts that sub is barely going to move. you'd be surprised how many people are like "this amp can make more power" and crank settings up. im thinking thats what happening here.

Could be worse, at least he's running his amp at 4 ohms and isn't one of those dudes that comes in here saying,"so I'm thinking about running my amp at .25 ohm daily and .125 for comps. It's a fourth order and stock electrical. Is this a good idea, I seen a guy on YouTube do it."

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah it's barely any power, but my phoenix gold 600ti finally shit out on me..going to order a Q1-1200D soon enough. Yeah it could clip at 1.0v but it's not, it ended up being an air leak, woowoo-so I'm still an idiot at the end of the day. I won't be feeding the sub more than ~500w until I get a new alternator though, because the stock alt is only 80 amps, but yes-this SA12 is screaming FEED ME MORE, FEED ME MORE. Poor thing.