Second Skin Audio

How much deadener do I need?

Hi all,

Planning to do some deadening for my Toyota prius c. How much material will indeed for just 4 doors and the trunk? Is 40 sq ft enough?

Also has anyone tried the heat wave pro product from second skin? I've noticed some cold drafts from my driver door that I want to insulate... Is that a good product for that or will sound deadening material do that for me?

I'm new to all of this stuff and don't want to spend too much money... But I've been reading I should stick with a butyl-based product... Thanks!

the sound deadening will help thermally but not to a huge extent. Heatwave pro is a great product and should help quite a bit but you have to remember that it is not waterproof or water resistant. I would look into where the draft is coming from first and go from there.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Thought about trying on of the following:

• GTMat Onyx ($119.99 - 36 sq feet)
  • Secondskin Damplifier ($136.48 - 37 sq feet)
  • MurderMat BL ($109.99 - 40 sq feet)
  • Raamat BXT II ($109.96 - 37.5 sq feet)
  • Audio Technix ($100 - 40 sq feet)
Just waiting on price to hopefully drop more (with a easter sale maybe?) - looks like murdermat bl and audio technix is the best bang for the buck right now.

Any thoughts on how much material I Need? That'll help a lot :)

Edited by Col127