Houston I have a problem...

Ok so my wife comes in this morning after getting off third shift and wakes me up at the asscrack of dawn, I mean its like 430 in the morning. She said on her way home her HU made a popping noise almost as if a CD was stuck in it(face plate foods down and cd goes in behind it). Kept hearing a this thud behind me, where she has 2 12's under the seat. Noticed that only one of the subs was going in and out real slow almost like it was getting a constant power for some reason. Now keep in mind, the truck is off and the HU is off. I took the radio out and switched the RCAs channels to opposite sides and then it followed it over to the other sub. I ended up having to disconnect the amp from the battery via the power wire. I can't get to the actual amp because its underneath the backseat and the seats bolted down and is solid as a 10 ton brick shithouse. The amp would have to be on for it to come out of the subs wouldnt it or am I wrong on that? i unplugged rcas completely from the back of the HU and it stopped also, didnt know if that would help any since I know its not getting any signal through those. Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Have you tried a different head unit to see if the head unit was the problem?

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Well I would but the person that had the truck before me didnt use a harness connector and just cut the ends off the factory wiring.... Jackasses! I'll try that here soon and see what happens

I bet that's gonna be fun to do lol if its not the radio, then the next thing I would check is your wiring to power the head unit. It would probably be best to do that first to check for shorts.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Archived