Second Skin Audio

Audison Voce 5.1k, Why Subwoofer Isn't Very Loud?

TITUS1985

My advise is find someone with a DD-1 and set everything according to the DD-1. If you're truly wired in Parallel ( + to + and - to -) then you should be seeing a 2ohm load, which if you're correct should be getting you close to 1000 watts. That should be more than enough to push the sub. Although I don't know what sub. If you have them hooked up in series, you're going to be seeing an 8ohm load instead of a 2ohm load. Check out this for wiring reference. Don't mean that to say you don't know how to wire, just double checking and making sure.

What head unit are you using?

Maybe you have a bad RCA?

Could be a number of things.

Can you please list out your equipment for us, and if possible take pics of the way you've got it hooked up? Settings on the amp.

Also you might check the coils with a DMM, make sure they're the ohm load you think they are, then check your final load, + and - that goes to the amp, and make sure you're at a 2 ohm load.

That should get us going in the right direction for finding the issue.

Well the local audio shop I bought it from messed with it and set some stuff that I wasn't sure was right. They switched the switch that says In-C and [A + B] to the [A + B] and then I lost control of the sub from the head unit so I switched it back because that way to me seemed like it wasn't even using the RCA's to get a signal.

I don't know anybody who has a DD-1 or a DMM so that could be hard for me to get my hands on one without buying them.

My equipment is:

Head unit: Kenwood DDX719 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/2012_Car_Entertainment/DDX719

Amp: Audison Voce 5.1k http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=46

Fronts: Hertz HSK 163 http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm

Rears: Hertz HSK 130 http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm

Sub: Insignia http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/car-audio-video-gps/NS-SUB12.html

Rockford Fosgate RCA cable

4 AWG power and ground wires

optima yellow top

big 3 upgrade with 0 AWG

In regards to the link I love the 12volt go there regularly! haha

I'll get some pictures up soon so you guys can see how I wired it to the amp and where everything is set at.

Thanks again so much for all the input I hope I can get the bottom of all this.

The switch you're talking about that they switched over is so that the sub input signal comes from the A and B inputs. So if you had a head unit where you didn't have a sub output, you could use that to operate the sub, basically. But you have an input from the head unit to the C channel right? So that should be set to off. Judging by the instructions on the amplifier, and what you've told us, it sounds like it's set up right.

My next option would be looking at the head unit an the settings on the head unit.

After that I'd be interested to see how the sub is wired. I've done it before with a pair of 15's, and I had it set up in an 8ohm load instead of a 2ohm load, and when it was finally brought to my attention and I changed it, it was an unreal difference.

I can't seem to pull up the instructions on the head unit. For some reason it's not working. I'll keep trying.

EDIT: I found the instructions, and the only thing I can think of is it's got to be in the crossover settings, or something like that.

After that I'd see if maybe you have a bad set of RCA's. You may also need to go out and get a DMM. They're not too pricey and you really need one for audio. It's a good tool to have in your tool box. You could check the rca's with it too. If you had a break or something or bad connection you'd see it with a dmm.

I'll await the pics. Hope all this is helping.

Yeah on my head unit I have preouts for Front Rear And Sub and right now I'm just using the preout for the sub and its going into the C channel.

I wired the sub to where it is: (amp +) --> (sub + voice coil) --> (sub + voice coil)

(amp -) --> (sub - voice coil) --> (sub - voice coil)

which that should be parallel right?

Also being new here I'm not sure how to post the pictures I just took? That way you guys can see what I see.

Yeah that's parallel.

You can use photobucket, although I hate it, or you can use image shack. Then get the image link off whatever you use, and post it on here. You can do several in one post.

Another way I just found out, is if you put them on facebook, then you can drag the pic on here too.

I should've asked this first, what makes you think you're not getting full power?

I'm not saying run out and spend a bunch of money on another sub, but I'd definitely consider something a bit better. However, that being said, it may not be the issue at hand. DO you have anyone around that has a sub you can borrow to test on? Wait sorry, before that, what box is this in? Is it a sealed enclosure, ported enclosure, prefab box, what are we working with?

Still have to check the other things but there are so many variables so we just go down the list I guess.

I don't recall you answering the question, why do you think it's not playing right? What amp did you use before that you said was doing well on the sub?

I'm not saying run out and spend a bunch of money on another sub, but I'd definitely consider something a bit better. However, that being said, it may not be the issue at hand. DO you have anyone around that has a sub you can borrow to test on? Wait sorry, before that, what box is this in? Is it a sealed enclosure, ported enclosure, prefab box, what are we working with?

Still have to check the other things but there are so many variables so we just go down the list I guess.

I don't recall you answering the question, why do you think it's not playing right? What amp did you use before that you said was doing well on the sub?

I'm not sure if this is a possible reason but I was thinking the sub just isn't very efficient and it's not using the power it's given to the fullest. Or I fried the coil or something. But before I got this new 5 channel amp I had a piece of crap insignia amp as well http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/car-audio-video-gps/NS-P2000.html I was using the amp from this kit. It was pushing 2 of the subs I have now better than this Audison Amp which is just blowing my mind and I can't understand why.

If the shop had the in-C switch set so that the sub was taking its signal from the a/b channel and your still having the same problem then that would rule out having a bad RCA because your bypassing it. Unless your RCA for the input to the a/b channel was bad also???

If the shop had the in-C switch set so that the sub was taking its signal from the a/b channel and your still having the same problem then that would rule out having a bad RCA because your bypassing it. Unless your RCA for the input to the a/b channel was bad also???

plus when they did that it sounded distorted and sloppy yes louder but no where near clean and that's why I bought that amp; so I could have super clean sound. and I'm not using RCA's for the A and B channel just the C channel. as of right now I'm running the A and B off the speaker wires coming from the back of the deck (i.e. green/purple/white/grey)

also I do not have the sub woofer volume control, should I get one?

Archived