If you took a large amp, played a 60hz tone, and set your gains to 120v could you power things like a waffle maker? Or a TV? Or do just the opposite with an inverter. Could you find the chip that makes a 60hz tone and replace it with a signal imput and put a potentiometer on something for a gain, And use that as an amp? It sounds weird but it would be a neat thing to try.

If you took a large amp, played a 60hz tone, and set your gains to 120v could you power things like a waffle maker? Or a TV? Or do just the opposite with an inverter. Could you find the chip that makes a 60hz tone and replace it with a signal imput and put a potentiometer on something for a gain, And use that as an amp? It sounds weird but it would be a neat thing to try.

Funny that is sounds neat to you. To me it sounds fiery. In theory probably, but no amp would handle that, it would explode lol.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I guess it all depends on what load the amplifier sees. It might be difficult to produce 115v off an amp if the device only is rated at like, 15 watts. Say like an alarm clock or something, on the back it will say 115v but it only draw 2 amps then you only need 230 watts, problem is the ohm load might be 57 ohms.

In theory, with an ideal setup you could make it work, i just dont see it happening. you would need a regulated output on your amplifier to make sure the voltage stayed at 115 regardless of load. I don't know of any amps that do that, at least any that do above 4 or so ohms.

115v at 4 ohms would be 3300 watts and would be 28 amps, probably enough to run a a dryer and clothes washer at the same time lol

Archived