CXHBumpin39 Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 Hey I'm thinking about using 4 opti10mi for my mids and 2 optibt72 for tweeters, this is because I'm thinking about doing a lanzar optidrive build, but I'll be running a DC sub instead of lanzar, any opinions on those tweeters and mids or hopefully some people who have owned both for some insight
CXHBumpin39 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 Nobody has these or any opinions on them??
Kevin M Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 I can't speak to either of those products but i could offer you some similarly priced drivers that are proven performers. If you're set on the lanzar setup I say go for it. A question though. Where the hell are you going to put those tweeters? They are 8" in diameter and 5" deep. That is gigantic. lol If you have the room for them you could rig up a simple 2 way x-over and wire the mids in parallel and cross those behemoths at around 2.5k. PE makes some great x-overs. You would only need one amp and 250 watts would be more than enough. I have tweeters as efficient as those on 30 watts and they keep up with my wall no problem. Link for said crossover. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=260-142 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
xx1 Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 I haven't use those Pro audio ones, but I do have some of the opti6pm (much smaller) and they sound great and take tons of power, they are as loud as the AQ mr6.5 but sound better. IMO you should go for it, I'm sure they'll be stupid loud audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)
CXHBumpin39 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 I was gonna build a center console thing for the tweets, and I haven't done anything other than subs so far, so I'm not sure what an x-over is, and I'm not sure why I'd wire them in parallel with the mids? I could run them off separate amps and should I run 1 set of 10 inch mids or 2 sets
Kevin M Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 The x-over (crossover) has input for the tweeters and mids. You could run one amplifier instead of two. I meant you could wire the two mids in parallel on each side to get 4 ohms. That's all. Two 10" for each side will get plenty loud. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
CXHBumpin39 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 So 4 ten inch speakers total? Cuz they're 500 rms each and so are the tweeters, and what amp would I need to run it off of? I was planning on using lanzar optihc500x2
Kevin M Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 That is a monster amp. I don't know if those tweeters could truly take 5oo watts and I have heard the opti's do rated power. I would pick an amp in the in the 250 watt per channel range. Those speakers are so efficient that they will get pretty loud on low wattage. You don't need to run 500 watts to them trust me. If you do I would use a different crossover than I suggested or run active. That's alot of power. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
CXHBumpin39 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 Well I don't know much about mids and highs cuz I haven't messed with that stuff ever yet, I would like to know what amp or amps I should run and to what and if I need crossovers or not? Cuz I thought I could just run it off my amp? Maybe not
CXHBumpin39 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 And if someone would help me with this, I'm looking to stay with lanzar optidrive as much as I can, at least in amps and speakers for sure, crossovers can be different if I need them
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.