Second Skin Audio

Box and installer pro's

Grtrat1

Since the other thread where I posted a website, doesnt seem to be too accurate. Will one of you pros help me design a box with enough air space and that will fit in my trunk?

Heres the facts of my trunk.

To build a 1 peice box so it will slide into my trunk, the max size is 36w x 15h x 20 deep. Thats my current box I have.

Heres the exact size

Net Volume: 4 cubic feet

Tuning Frequency: 34 Hz

Port Width: 3.75 inches

Port Area: 50.625 Square Inches

Port Length: 23.5 inches

External Dimensions: 36 wide x 15 tall x 19 deep

I took 1 sub out and sealed that opening. The 1 sub is just as loud as the 2, which kinda pissed me off. Now Im thinking I need a bigger box to get the most out of my subs.

I can go 10 more inches deep, But Id have ti build the box in 2 peices. IS it ok to do that?

Heres my plan Build it in 2 sections. In the openings add a 1 or 2 inch lip to the 4 inside sides on both parts.

Set the rear part of the box in the trunk. Apply glue to the lip. Then add the front part of the box, clamp all 4 sides and add some screws to secure. Will the lips affect anything? Also can I run flared round ports facing up in the rear of the box(hitting the rear deck panel) Instead of using slot port? That wy I can gain more air space on the width of the box. Subs facing rear of trunk.

I dont think I can build it to where the subs/port will be facing inside the car. Id have to cut the lower deck panel off which latches my rear seat in, plus Id loose the rear seat belts. Cant do that, my car hauls 3 kids on occassion.

So any help to my problem would help alot.

whats subs/amp are you running?

did you want the box removeable?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived