2007 Dodge RAM QC fiberglass box to fit under rear seats

Hey Fam. This is my first venture into the land of fiberglass and I am in need of all the help I can get. My 2007 RAM 1500 Quad Cab is my Baby and quite frankly I am scared to death of messin it up in any way. I am wanting to build a custom enclosure for a set of 12's undet my reat seats and I need to know if I should start with a thin blanket made of felt like material and brush resin and hardner onto it to make a casting of the floor pans. I know I have to line the floor pans with either aluminum foil or painters masking tape or both to protect the carpet. In your opinion is that the best way to start out and after I get the cast made how thick do I need to make it????? After I get the bottom of the enclosure completed how would I join the top to the bottom. Under the rear seats are to separate cargo wells so should I make 2 individual enclosures 1 for each subwoofer or should I just make one complete enclosure. I will post some pics of the area I have to work with tomorrow so you all have a better idea of what I'm looking at. I live in Columbus, Ohio and spend a lot of time with my family in Florence, Kentucky so if there is anyone that reads this post in either of these 2 areas and is interested in helping please hit me up. After doing the enclosure under the rear seats I am going to do a custom centet console with a speaker or 2 in it. One step at a time. First the rear. As always I want to thank you all very much. Your always very helpful and never condescending even to my dumbest questions. I'm new to the car audio scene and newer still to SMD forums. So again, Thanks for all of youryour help it is much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived