2007 Dodge RAM QC fiberglass box to fit under rear seats

Hey Fam. This is my first venture into the land of fiberglass and I am in need of all the help I can get. My 2007 RAM 1500 Quad Cab is my Baby and quite frankly I am scared to death of messin it up in any way. I am wanting to build a custom enclosure for a set of 12's undet my reat seats and I need to know if I should start with a thin blanket made of felt like material and brush resin and hardner onto it to make a casting of the floor pans. I know I have to line the floor pans with either aluminum foil or painters masking tape or both to protect the carpet. In your opinion is that the best way to start out and after I get the cast made how thick do I need to make it????? After I get the bottom of the enclosure completed how would I join the top to the bottom. Under the rear seats are to separate cargo wells so should I make 2 individual enclosures 1 for each subwoofer or should I just make one complete enclosure. I will post some pics of the area I have to work with tomorrow so you all have a better idea of what I'm looking at. I live in Columbus, Ohio and spend a lot of time with my family in Florence, Kentucky so if there is anyone that reads this post in either of these 2 areas and is interested in helping please hit me up. After doing the enclosure under the rear seats I am going to do a custom centet console with a speaker or 2 in it. One step at a time. First the rear. As always I want to thank you all very much. Your always very helpful and never condescending even to my dumbest questions. I'm new to the car audio scene and newer still to SMD forums. So again, Thanks for all of youryour help it is much appreciated.

By the way..... I know I can purchase an enclosure off the internet for about $200 but what kind of fun or challenge would that be? Besides, I'm tryin to bump on a budget. I see some of your systems on YouTube and posted here on SMD and I would be so honored to have half the system in my truck that you all have in your rides. I know that you get what you pay for when it comes to audio equipment so the more money I can save doing things myself the quicker I can purchase quality audio components. I can not say it enough "Thanks For All Of Your Help" I look forward to this build.

What type of subs are you planning on running. This makes a big difference on options for under the back seat.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Idk how much space you have. But I wouldn't try and fit some 12" under there. Usually not enough space maybe some 10" or 8"

And you're correct. I'd put tape down first. Then some foil. And even put a little wax on the foil as well. I wouldn't do too many layers. 3-4 should be good depending on how thick mat you get. Then to attach it you can just glass the baffle to the "floor pan"

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

The subs I have are a set of Pioneers they 12" shallow fit with a max power rating of 800 watts. Like I said in the post there is a couple of manufactures out there that are selling 12" sub enclosures that fit under the rear seats and they are claiming 1.55 cubic feet of air space per a speaker with a mounting depth of 6.45". They are achieving this by including .50" spacers to raise the rear seats.

Meh I don't like the raised seat. Felt weird for me in my truck lol

But if you already have them what the hay! Lets give it a shot??? Lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i wasnt talking about the box, was talking about the subs lol

i had bought an under the seat down firing box for sealed 10" i think and honestly in my newb days it worked out great for me. but i think knowing what i know now i could have came up with something much better

so my advice to you is start laying some glass down and get the floor started!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived