Second Skin Audio

Dual 21" PA subwoofer Port length

Hello! I have just built a dual 21" sub box with 2 separate chambers and 1 23" long port per sub.. What would you recommend length wise for them?

Here are the specs..

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS Power Handling (RMS) 1000 Watts Power Handling (max) 2,000 Watts Impedance 8 ohms Frequency Response 24 to 1,700 Hz Sensitivity 107 dB 1W/1m Voice Coil Diameter 4" Magnet Weight 250 oz.
THIELE-SMALL PARAMETERS Resonant Frequency (Fs) 22.4 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 6.3 ohms Mechanical Q (Qms) 2.60 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.38 Total Q (Qts) 0.33 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 24.85 ft.³ Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 9 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 1706 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION Cone Material Paper Surround Material Cloth Voice Coil Wire Material Aluminum Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum Magnet Material Ferrite
MOUNTING INFORMATION Overall Outside Diameter 21.80" Baffle Cutout Diameter 20.20" Depth 10.20" # Mounting Holes 8

Please Help! D:

Length is dependent on port area and box volume to get a desired tuning frequency.

If you already got the box, why do you need to know port length?

The lows aren't sounding too great... The ports heights are 3 and half inches high and 23 wide and the port length is currently 17" long.. Should I shorten them? I can with a router as the box is quite big.. 22" depth 30" high and 50" wide..

Can you give some detailed box specs?

Outer dimensions

Wood thickness

Any bracing

Port height

Port width

Port length

And pics of the box itself, and how it's positioned in your vehicle

you dont have enough port area

and shorting the port length will raise tuning... time to build a new box

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived