i have a question what does a EQ

what does a EQ do for my car im not familiar with them?

Mr ChevyBlazerMan

Setup

ALarm :) Prestige 2 way screen + Shock senser/Proximty Senser

Memphis Eq

2 Kicker Cvx 15 2 ohm

Custom Ported Box Made By Me :)

Amp Is Hifonics Brutus 1700D

Dash Speakers Not Sure on Model But They Are 3.5 Memphis

Door Speakers 2 Orion Xtr Pro Tweeters

Door Speakers 4 Orion Xtr Pro 6.5s

0 Gauge wire around in truck

Xs Power 3400d just got one from local shop on a discount. Just installed today with the big 3 upgrade O guage

Tomorrow hoping to run all door speaker and hook up my 4 channel Rockford amp

I'm new here, but I have a rough idea that an EQ or Equalizer modifies the audio signal and filters (to an extent) certain frequencies in that signal. So if you find your music could use more high end frequencies, your equalizer can "boost" the higher frequencies and lower the frequencies you may be hearing too much of.

Personally, I always find the mid-range frequencies to be too prominent in my systems, so I usually turn down the mids (usually from around 500hz to 7.5khz is mid-range territory I believe).

Hope that gives you a bit of a clue as to how EQ's work and what they do. I could be wrong though. If I am, someone please chime in!

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

It allows you to sculpt the audio, Such as your normal oem stereo where you have (bass,treble) controls. But instead of dividing the whole spectrum into two or three chunks, you can fine tune certain issues you might have resulting from poor acoustics in the environment (your car).

2x Sundown SA-15s 8 cubes tuned to 30hz sealed in trunk Soundstream Rub 1.1600 Soundstream Rub 5.800 4x Kinetik hc600

Archived