ED2KSR Posted April 6, 2013 Report Posted April 6, 2013 Getting home from picking up my daughter. I was "pounding" my system and got out the car to open the gate. I left the music pounding and while outside I thought I noticed something happened to the sound. Got in the car and lowered the music and didn't verify deeply as the music was still thumping and nothing shut off. But right as I lowered the sound I could tell something was different. At that moment I couldn't figure it out. Next day, with time to check, I realized that there was no clarity to the sound. I checked the treble level trying to figure something out but I knew it wasn't that. After analyzing the situation for some time I came to the conclusion that my sound is no longer coming out in STEREO. The system plays and the bass, mids and high are there but no stereo sound. What the heck happened? Nothing sounds blown. Checked the settings to the head unit but haven't been able to figure it out. Could it be the amp? Could it be the head unit? Don't know what to do next. Any help will be appreciated.
OrzechNJ Posted April 6, 2013 Report Posted April 6, 2013 do u have any aftermarket system ? if so what u got.. sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
ED2KSR Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. I've had it since Christmas 2012. Thank you for responding. I hope someone can steer me to a solution.
larrys95civic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Is it like this on all sources? Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
ED2KSR Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 I verifed on usb1, DVD, and aux. They all suffered from this stereo-less sound.
dd9515mmatsjugg Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 is the deck powering the speakers ? MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio 97 Z71 sierra 8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system 2000 malibu 1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress My YouTube 100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there [topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]
ED2KSR Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 RF P500X1 for sub. RF P400X4 for mids/highs.
larrys95civic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Ok if you have gone through all the settings on the headunit and made sure nothing has changed, I would say to eliminate either the head unit or the amp. Grab another 4 channel if you have it and toss it in. I love to diagnose but it's so freaking hard over the puter. I could start naming off small things to go through but by tossing in another amp it' will eliminate hours of trying things that may never work. Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
dd9515mmatsjugg Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 his ^^^ or it could be blown tweeters ? or even the capacitors to them can you hear sound from the tweeters ? if you can was your daughter in the car when your out and possible eq change or something MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio 97 Z71 sierra 8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system 2000 malibu 1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress My YouTube 100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there [topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]
larrys95civic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 I thought about it toasting his tweeters but it would be distorting before they went and for both to go at the same time...I just don't see it happening, but your right they could have blown. Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.