My Car Gets Scratch No Matter Where I Park At A College Campus

I think my car has been scratched 4 times in the past few years in the parking lot.

One of the first few times was when I use to park in the "normal compact" parking spots (Note, 80% of the normal parking spaces are compact).

One day, I found a huge ass scratch mark going across my entire door. I am guessing some cheap ass old honda civic's bumper was the cause of this.

And other cases were the "door" issue where people open their doors and scratch the side of my door.

So, after those incidents, I've decided never to park in those "Normal" parking spots again.

I then decide to to park in the parralel spots that are close to the curb.

When I did this, I found out that the driver side of my door got somewhat scratched. I am guessing it happened as people make a left turn out of the parking lot.

So, I then decided never to park in those parrallel parking places again.

Finally, for the past year, I've been parking in those "2 spot" parking spaces.

It's basically those rare spots that allow 2 cars to park (there are only a few of these in the whole parking lot area, but I get their early to school so I can park there).

Today, I have found out that there is this huge mark on the right side of my bumper.

This was what the parking look liked:

parking.JPG

*Red squares = the rear of the car*

I am guessing this is what happened. The dude probably put his car into reverse and ALMOST hits the rear of my car, then while he was close, he tried to bust a U to get out of the parking lot and as he bust that U, the left side of his bumper came in contact with mine and scratched my bumper.

The reason why I bring this topic up is because I see a lot of nice 350z's, RX-8's G35's and all these nice looking cars at my college parking lot, and I am wondering how the hell these people with nice cars avoid getting their car scratched...

For me, I drive a Toyota 1999 Camry XLe (Was in mint condition before these scratches), and I already have problems with noob honda civics scratching my car.

Do these expensive cars have a lower rate of being scratch by other drivers or what because when people see a nice car, they tell themselves "yo I better not scratch this car or I'll get into deep shit".

Besides parking next / behind/ in front/ of crappy beat up honda civics, do you guys have any other tips on how I can avoid my car from being scratched up?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

#1 Tip... don't piss people off.

#2 Tip... don't play loud music on campus.

I've been parking on college campuses for four years now, and have yet to get my car scractched.... *knocks on wood*

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

#1 Tip... don't piss people off.

#2 Tip... don't play loud music on campus.

I've been parking on college campuses for four years now, and have yet to get my car scractched.... *knocks on wood*

I don't even have my subs in the trunk anymore.

And when I did, I never cranked my music in those areas.

As for pissing people off, I am pretty sure I don't piss people off because I'm a safe driver :blink:

I am guessing all these incidents that happened to me is just because the other driver is impaired or just doesn't know how to drive.

My other theory to why my car always get scratched when I park in those normal compact areas is because the college did a bad job leaving enough room for cars to back up and such. This school's parking lot is HUGE but all the parking spots seem to be "crammed" very closely

parkinglot.JPG

Is it just me, or does the parking space look very crammed?

Is this a typical parking lot format for a college campus?

I also remember how I use to have trouble backing up to get out of a parking space.

It's a bigger pain in the ass when there are SUV's around me.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Funny I posted in this thread yesterday.

This morning when I was leaving my 8:30 I watched some dude take a corner and just tag a malibu. He got out of his car and looked at his bumper and just drove away.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Funny I posted in this thread yesterday.

This morning when I was leaving my 8:30 I watched some dude take a corner and just tag a malibu. He got out of his car and looked at his bumper and just drove away.

Yea I see that shit at LSU all the time. I was sittin in my truck and watch a VW beetle with 10 ft of clearance in every direction back right into a jacked up truck. Took a chunk out of the air dam. I couldn't help but laugh and laugh harder when she just drove off. I probably got my shit scratched up but I just don't care anymore about this vehicle. It's a work truck as far as I'm concerned. But yea I get what you are saying. I'd rather not have someone scrapin the shit out of it.

I don't really have advice as far as parking on campus. Like you said shit is tight. I just try to back into a spot and leave enough of a gap on both sides to give plenty of clearance to everyone else. Even with that people still park right up on my shit and expect my fat ass to get in there. Me being 6' 6" and 320lbs is not going to fit through a 5 in gap. So yea that's how doors get fucked up.

Yea I see that shit at LSU all the time. I was sittin in my truck and watch a VW beetle with 10 ft of clearance in every direction back right into a jacked up truck. Took a chunk out of the air dam. I couldn't help but laugh and laugh harder when she just drove off. I probably got my shit scratched up but I just don't care anymore about this vehicle. It's a work truck as far as I'm concerned. But yea I get what you are saying. I'd rather not have someone scrapin the shit out of it.

I don't really have advice as far as parking on campus. Like you said shit is tight. I just try to back into a spot and leave enough of a gap on both sides to give plenty of clearance to everyone else. Even with that people still park right up on my shit and expect my fat ass to get in there. Me being 6' 6" and 320lbs is not going to fit through a 5 in gap. So yea that's how doors get fucked up.

So, fat people are to blamed when it comes to doors getting scratched?

Jk

the secret to not gettinf your car scratched is park where you would park any other car. dont even think about it and you'll be good

my brother tried the park at the end of the parking lot during christmas b/c he didnt want someone to hit his truck or scratch it...he came out and found a little dog in his truck bed which we still have

the secret to not gettinf your car scratched is park where you would park any other car. dont even think about it and you'll be good

my brother tried the park at the end of the parking lot during christmas b/c he didnt want someone to hit his truck or scratch it...he came out and found a little dog in his truck bed which we still have

So, you'll avoid getting scratches but end up with new pets?