gattiboy13 Posted April 9, 2013 Report Posted April 9, 2013 My tweeters sound a little hissy, high. My crossover is at -0DB. Would setting them at -3DB or -6DB be better? If so which setting is ideal for a smooth non hissing loudness.
8ight Posted April 10, 2013 Report Posted April 10, 2013 Move the attenuation jumper down to -3dB and sample it, if you do not like the sound then because it is too harsh lower it to -6dB. If you cannot correct your issues with the jumper settings alone you may have to mess with your EQ a little to get the sound you want, just drop the high end a bit. I'm gonna hate
gattiboy13 Posted April 10, 2013 Author Report Posted April 10, 2013 Ya i set my eg at flat and still there harsh, so i am gonna try -6Db
8ight Posted April 10, 2013 Report Posted April 10, 2013 Thank you No problem! I have a set of home speakers I built out of a set of car audio components, I actually found the best sound with the jumper on -6dB and the EQ turned up at 2.5KHz and 4KHz just a bit. I'm gonna hate
gattiboy13 Posted April 10, 2013 Author Report Posted April 10, 2013 Ill try those settings, awesome.
8ight Posted April 10, 2013 Report Posted April 10, 2013 Ill try those settings, awesome. Not sure if they will work for you as good as they did for me in my case. Instead, I hope they give you some ideas about how best to tune your setup to get the sound you want. I'm gonna hate
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.