Kris4b11 Posted April 10, 2013 Report Posted April 10, 2013 Ok im a bit confused about what the db rating means. I have some 8" mids laying around that I was planning on using one is: PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONSPower Handling (RMS) 100 Watts Power Handling (max) 200 Watts Impedance 8 ohms Frequency Response 70 to 6,000 Hz Sensitivity 94 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 1.75" Magnet Weight 31 oz. And the other is: Power (Max) 500 Watts Power (RMS) 250 Watts Frequency Resp. 65-6.000Hz Sensitivity 95dB Voice Coil 2 Til Mounting Depth 93mm (3.66) Impedance 8 Ohms Magnet30 Oz Now my question is would the 1st one be almost as loud as the second one with almost 1/3 power? I have 2 of the 1st ones and 4 of the 2nd (2 are beat up with a little tear in each) if im understanding correctly then ill just get 2 more of the 1st ones as I wont need as much power to push them Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Trey_Dog650 Posted April 10, 2013 Report Posted April 10, 2013 LOL sorry your first sentence almost confused me! Lemme go back and read Edit: the db rating is how efficient a speaker is with given power. Higher db means it is more efficient. 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Kris4b11 Posted April 10, 2013 Author Report Posted April 10, 2013 Lol im sorry man I really didn't know how to ask this Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.