Here we go, for real...my new live sound/DJ rig (Updated 4/29)

Thats why I have staff lol they can do the lifting :P nah they arent that heavy though only 130lbs lol

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I won't have that luxury every time, but my speakers only weigh around 90lbs or so max, that's the KW181's. Cases are all on wheels, thank god. Minor update, we purchased a trailer (FINALLY)

IMG_5874_zpse1b94f11.jpg

IMG_5875_zps4ee0b9b3.jpg

IMG_5876_zps2a07b459.jpg

IMG_5882_zps98e9162c.jpg

Night time shots, yes I'm a volunteer firefighter, hence the lights.

IMG_5884_zps3ad0bf55.jpg

IMG_5885_zps5b3ac673.jpg

IMG_5887_zpse57c47f2.jpg

Only thing I have to do is put some interior lights in it, and it's good to go. Just haven't decided what I want to do, hard wire or battery powered.

POTATO!

I won't have that luxury every time, but my speakers only weigh around 90lbs or so max, that's the KW181's. Cases are all on wheels, thank god. Minor update, we purchased a trailer (FINALLY)

Only thing I have to do is put some interior lights in it, and it's good to go. Just haven't decided what I want to do, hard wire or battery powered.

thats a good looking trailer, when you say hard wired, are you meaning ac? or like wired to the car?

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

thats a good looking trailer, when you say hard wired, are you meaning ac? or like wired to the car?

Wired to the marker lights, so the lights can come on when the trailer is hooked up. Going to be hard to load in and load out in the dark.

POTATO!

are there no spear pins on the connector? I think pin 5 is service brakes or something, im not sure what plug you guys have over there though. Im sure you could put a switch on it though not that a couple of leds being on at the same time as the tail lighs are going to make a difference to your voltage lol

you guys have diffrent plugs to me, so just ignore what i said haha google said i was wrong. we have 7 pins going to the trailer but only 5 are used

are there no spear pins on the connector? I think pin 5 is service brakes or something, im not sure what plug you guys have over there though. Im sure you could put a switch on it though not that a couple of leds being on at the same time as the tail lighs are going to make a difference to your voltage lol

you guys have diffrent plugs to me, so just ignore what i said haha google said i was wrong. we have 7 pins going to the trailer but only 5 are used

Mine is a 7-pin connector as well. I'll have to look and see. Still trying to figure out why there's a small 12v battery on the hitch arms...

POTATO!

It's for the breakaway brakes. Say the trailer came off the truck going down the road, the safety would get pulled and it would trigger the brakes. Your truck should be wired so that when it's plugged in the truck will charge the battery. Therefore you could wire some LED's inside the trailer to it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

It's for the breakaway brakes. Say the trailer came off the truck going down the road, the safety would get pulled and it would trigger the brakes. Your truck should be wired so that when it's plugged in the truck will charge the battery. Therefore you could wire some LED's inside the trailer to it.

That must be what the battery pack on the front is for. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow...

POTATO!

Yep, that's what it is...lol. Got the system set up right now doing a southern rock show, but we made the mistake of agreeing of 100% of the door...will never happen again. Other than that, 2 KW153's over 4 KW181's kicks ass. Can't wait to pick up 4 more of these puppies.

POTATO!

Definitely learned our lesson. Making contracts next time, for sure, no matter what the show is. Other than the maybe 25 patrons, the show went alright. No problems sound wise, although somehow I found out I have a bit of hearing loss in the right ear, I think it's only temporary though, I did get a little bit of feedback ringing the monitors out prior to band's arrival. Oh, and the manager was definitely a babe, for sure. Plus she said that I'm the best sound guy that's ever came thru, so that's a good thing.

Videos

Long White Cadillac (Cover)

Good Life (Original)

Take A Back Road (Cover)

POTATO!

Archived