Here we go, for real...my new live sound/DJ rig (Updated 4/29)

look good man! did you do both stages? or just the bigger one this year... im thinking this is the one where the 'custom built' CV pa was used at last time?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

look good man! did you do both stages? or just the bigger one this year... im thinking this is the one where the 'custom built' CV pa was used at last time?

My system was on the main stage, but the old main system was on the second stage. Unfortunately they popped the subs, so it was tops only. We managed to make it. It was only me, the stage manager from last year (real good guy, knew what he was doing) and a "recording engineer" who didn't do shit but ate and sat around. He won't be back next year, that's for sure...and next year, there will be 2 people on each stage. I think I'm going to get my 32-channel and use it on both stages, somehow. My QSC KW system (which should have all 8 subs by then) will be on the main stage, and we're going to rent 6 PRX615M's and 4 PRX618S-XLF's for the second stage. That is, unless we move it all to the back of the house and put the stages next to each other...

Here's a few videos from the photographer that was there...

POTATO!

lol at the chick in green in the last video

it looks good man! i think you need to invest in a lighting guy a console :P

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

• 2 months later...

How's your rig working out man? Still enjoying it?

How's your rig working out man? Still enjoying it?

Yeah, no problems so far. Actually getting ready to leave for a two-day festival, 5 bands today and 3 bands tomorrow, but the weather's gonna be shit all morning. Hoping there will be a break for me to set up and get things covered up at least...borrowed another pair of ELX112P's from my buddy for wedges, will make things easier for me. Also just got done building some stage power boxes, get to try them out today. Wish me luck..

POTATO!

Good shit!

Have a good show!

Good shit!

Have a good show!

Well, my guesstimate was right, it was a shit morning. Up at 630, on the road at 730, in town at 9, didn't unload until 11 (and it was still raining..rain finally slacked off after we got the monitors and everything else set up. First act was a two-person acoustic duo which gave me time to finish everything else. Next four bands were a four-piece classic/southern rock band, a 5 piece southern rock/country band (AWESOME band as well, they absolutely stole the show, and were absolutely amazing), four-piece alternative rock band, and a three piece rock and roll band. We were behind by about an hour all night, but nobody seemed really bothered. But after only 4 hours of sleep and doing this all day, it's tiring, trying to sleep at the motel right now, and it's not working well...

Here's a panorama I took from the country/southern rock band (Two River Junction, named hence where the two rivers meet just to the left of the photo)...not a huge crowd, mainly because the weather was so terrible, but it was a pretty decent crowd for a small town.

792361_10153307335735512_1944985217_o.jp

POTATO!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's gig. Been slow lately. Got screwed on a gig that was supposed to be this coming weekend. Same one from the Pullman Square show earlier in the topic. Boring show though, was a private benefit, and there was maybe 50 people there, and everyone did nothing but gamble. Oh, and the only way to get things in was a truck-height loading dock, getting cases up there was an absolute bitch.

1395874_10153379720815512_1923668917_n.j

And shitty picture of the new ride. 2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax, towing the same trailer. Suspension moved maybe an inch when I dropped the trailer. Definitely need a drop hitch though..was nice to be able to keep at highway speeds with no issue.

1383125_10153380571045512_1118815793_n.j

And since this topic went silent, may as well back log a bit. Here's same setup as the panorama above for Mothman Festival, but next day. No rain luckily.

1374177_10153308660370512_1721577466_n.j
1235238_10153309138670512_759704582_n.jp

Next was a pop group opening for Nashville act Trailer Choir. For once, the headliner was the easiest to work with as opposed to the opener, who were assholes, and of course, didn't keep their promise of helping me load out, so it took me 3 hours alone. Learned that lesson the hard way. No more.

1234573_10153328074920512_388590342_n.jp

528218_10153328399040512_1462979803_n.jp

Oh, and don't ask why, they wanted us on the dance floor for some reason as opposed to the nice carpeted stage area behind the giant ass black tarp/backdrop...

POTATO!

Last night's gig. Been slow lately. Got screwed on a gig that was supposed to be this coming weekend. Same one from the Pullman Square show earlier in the topic. Boring show though, was a private benefit, and there was maybe 50 people there, and everyone did nothing but gamble. Oh, and the only way to get things in was a truck-height loading dock, getting cases up there was an absolute bitch.

And shitty picture of the new ride. 2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax, towing the same trailer. Suspension moved maybe an inch when I dropped the trailer. Definitely need a drop hitch though..was nice to be able to keep at highway speeds with no issue.

And since this topic went silent, may as well back log a bit. Here's same setup as the panorama above for Mothman Festival, but next day. No rain luckily.

Next was a pop group opening for Nashville act Trailer Choir. For once, the headliner was the easiest to work with as opposed to the opener, who were assholes, and of course, didn't keep their promise of helping me load out, so it took me 3 hours alone. Learned that lesson the hard way. No more.

Oh, and don't ask why, they wanted us on the dance floor for some reason as opposed to the nice carpeted stage area behind the giant ass black tarp/backdrop...

Im glad you changed them wonky cases on the left lol. I was about to go nuts if i scrolled down and saw it again :P

Looks good though man, Loading up to truck height really does suck! were you alone?

Im glad you changed them wonky cases on the left lol. I was about to go nuts if i scrolled down and saw it again :P

Looks good though man, Loading up to truck height really does suck! were you alone?

I wasn't in a rush to make everything perfect, it was piss pouring the rain the day before, but I managed to move everything the next day. No, luckily the whole band was there to help me out. I need to get a decent sized ramp eventually, but not for the amount of stuff I have right now. I need to get some smaller cases for the cables though, one big case is a PITA.

POTATO!

Archived