Stephen Dunnington Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 So I've been really eeger to re wire my whole system, and my alternator went last week and my battery has a bad cell in it. So what I've been doing(Very stupid) is hook up jumper cables from my car to the other with the accessories on so I can get some power in my car. I did all of my wiring, radio was running perfect, system was perfect, and then when I took out my battery to go get it tested I got home and did the same thing, but this time my radio didn't turn on. I checked the power wire behind it and there's power going through it and I checked all my grounds/fuses and it's all good. So could I have fried my HU from leeching my power? Possibly lack of voltage that strained it?
ccmotox99 Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 sounds fishy. Take your deck out with the wires, hook up the yellow (batt) red (turn on) straight to your battery on the positive and hook your ground up to your negative on your batt. and that will tell you if your head unit powers on or not. -playing with different setups
Stephen Dunnington Posted April 16, 2013 Author Report Posted April 16, 2013 I'll get to that! Also, let's just say it is my HU that's fried. If I get a different one, can I still use the same wiring harness/dash kit?
89capricebass Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 Do what ccm said first but yes you could reuse the vehicle harness Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door HU: Kenwood KDC-X395 Front Highs: stock Back Mids: Stock Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz) Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg
Stephen Dunnington Posted April 16, 2013 Author Report Posted April 16, 2013 I know I can use the harness, I ment the actuall dash kit itself.
89capricebass Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 You should be able to as long as its the same size radio ex: single din or double din Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door HU: Kenwood KDC-X395 Front Highs: stock Back Mids: Stock Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz) Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg
Stephen Dunnington Posted April 16, 2013 Author Report Posted April 16, 2013 Just cut out my harness and wire my shit to the battery....absolutely nothing About to go get a cheap $30 deck..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.