alpine tweets not good enough, need better

ncc74656

What are your crossover points? you're running them with the passive crossover???

the tweets frequencies change when they are pointed away. it sounds more subdued in the killer high frequencies but the distortion is still there when i turned them up. i lowered the DB going to the tweets to stop the distortion but i was not able to get them loud enough to be able to clearly hear vocals. the largest boost in high range frequencies ive gotten has been from replacing my 6.5's to the 10's. the tweets sound great until the volume goes up and then they get kinda unstable. the frequency curve to volume seems to get skewed. there are spikes in a few ranges that over power and distort

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I'm wondering if your gains are too high then.... tweets shouldn't really have that issue unless they are exceeding being over-

they are running with the alpine cross overs. yes they are passive. the deck is also running with a low end cut off of 120hz to the mids/highs.

driven or the crossover frequency is too low... things like that, unless they are just defective

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

they sound very clean and such until i push the volume. they were being underpowered on my 4202 MTX and now im running them and my door speakers on a 1100W eclipse 2CH amp. the mids are 300W each. im using the factory 0.2ohm coil that was on the back of the 6.5 alpines in line with these new mids. it is not a bi amp setup

nothing, gutted

they sound very clean and such until i push the volume. they were being underpowered on my 4202 MTX and now im running them and my door speakers on a 1100W eclipse 2CH amp. the mids are 300W each. im using the factory 0.2ohm coil that was on the back of the 6.5 alpines in line with these new mids. it is not a bi amp setup

I see... so you're clipping them then.... so you don't have a better amp for the setup?

i dont know what amp could possibly be better than an eclipse...

I'm stumped on suggestions... sry there bud.... wish I could help more

im not sure if thats a sarcastic statement and i should know something better? ive always heard that eclipse is the top of the top in regards to quality amps and decks.

no sarcasm.... sry if you misunderstood man... just really have no input there... I'm still on the hunt for a good front stage amplifier(s)..... been looking for years...lol

perhaps a bi amp setup would be in my future. i ended up adding a .02 ohm resister in line with the factory resister and that seems to have stopped the extreme distortion. i think i might buy a signal processor for just the tweets and see how that works.

nothing, gutted

Archived