alpine tweets not good enough, need better

ncc74656

I have alpine R tweets (from the component kit) and they are not able to get loud enough nor stay clear enough when i turn things up. what tweets with about the same mount size can i buy that will be noticeably better? i was thinking polk might be better?

i could go with crescendo tweets but they are huge and i have no idea where i would put them...

nothing, gutted

front stage is something u gotta pick out yourself, everyones got there own tastes. how loud are u wanting to get? whats your set up?

those crescendos might be the super tweets...you probably wont want those

could look at focals too

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

I like my Polk's and they have lasted me a long time and handle some decent power but they are not as loud as my Diamonds but they are smoother.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

try facing the tweets you have towards the windsheid and see how they sound. placemtnt has a lot to do with it

do this!!!! in my car it makes tweets way better and louder

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

huh, i have never heard of that before. ill give it a shot. my setup is as follows: all proper power wire 00ga, 16ga to all speakers, FI BL 18 on 2500.1 kicker, 2 10" crescendos in doors on eclipse amp, 2 alpine tweets in A pillar, rear doors have 6" alpine R's but you cant hear them. dodge ram 2500 quad cab, long bed, 1999, cummins turbo.

im looking for loud and crisp and clear. i drive around with it maxed out nearly all the time and i set fire to my alpine 6.5's so i decided to go bigger. later im adding 2 crescendo 6.5's to the doors along side the 10's. right now if i turn my stereo up to 48 my tweets are maxed, my sub and mids can take the head unit up to 62 with out any distortion at all. i am seriously considering selling my FI and kicker amp for a 5500W baseclef and a SP4 so at that point i will need much more powerfull tweets...

nothing, gutted

I don't think that its not good enough sounds like you just need more tweets or a super tweeter to balance it out.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I don't think that its not good enough sounds like you just need more tweets or a super tweeter to balance it out.

wrong..... try your placement as suggested first..... if not then start to look for new drivers but obviously don't just get super tweets cuz they're loud... way better options most likely before you jump the gun on that

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived