Good speakers for a 06 Ford Escape?

Hamrick865

Have 2 Alpine Type R 12s already (2 ohm) and need to find a good amp to power them that isn't to pricey. And also want to get some good door speakers for under like $100 for the pair. Any suggestions? I dont plan on amping the door speakers, maybe later on down the road but for now im just using the stereo, a Kenwood KDC- X596 (22 watts x 4 channels)

Plenty out there. Ford's and Mazda's take 6x8 or 5x7's

Rockford also sells many of their round speakers with an adapter plate. Are you planning on amping your doors?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Plenty out there. Ford's and Mazda's take 6x8 or 5x7's

Rockford also sells many of their round speakers with an adapter plate. Are you planning on amping your doors?

Nope, I dont plan on amping the door speakers, maybe later down the road. I'm just using the stereo atm. A Kenwood KDC - X596 ( 22 watts x 4 channels) And thanks!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18210_Rockford-Fosgate-P1683.html I just got these, pretty nice if your gonna use an amp get the power series

Yeah, these might work. I assume they come in pairs lol. I dont know a lot when it comes to car speakers but would I need any speaker wire when I order these or would I need any other things so that I can install them right when I get them? And thanks!

For low power I really liked the Boston Acoustics SE 85's if you can find some.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

You can purchase a ford factory wire harness adapter. Direct swap not need to cut anything just plug and play.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18210_Rockford-Fosgate-P1683.html I just got these, pretty nice if your gonna use an amp get the power series

Yeah, these might work. I assume they come in pairs lol. I dont know a lot when it comes to car speakers but would I need any speaker wire when I order these or would I need any other things so that I can install them right when I get them? And thanks!

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I can already tell you that you need some female quick disconnects and a speaker wiring harness. or you can cut off your factory wiring plug that connects to your factory speaker and then solder/heatshrink new speaker wire to it and then solder the speaker wire onto the speaker terminals. I personally would just buy a speaker wiring harness and female quick disconnects that way if you ever want to sell your car all you got to do is disconnect your speaker wire harness and put the old speakers back in.

Edit: You need female quick disconnects because the terminals on the speakers are too big for factory speaker wiring harnesses

You can purchase a ford factory wire harness adapter. Direct swap not need to cut anything just plug and play.

Where would I buy the harness. Like Crutchfield or somethin? Thanks!

I can already tell you that you need some female quick disconnects and a speaker wiring harness. or you can cut off your factory wiring plug that connects to your factory speaker and then solder/heatshrink new speaker wire to it and then solder the speaker wire onto the speaker terminals. I personally would just buy a speaker wiring harness and female quick disconnects that way if you ever want to sell your car all you got to do is disconnect your speaker wire harness and put the old speakers back in.

Edit: You need female quick disconnects because the terminals on the speakers are too big for factory speaker wiring harnesses

So besides the speakers what kind of list of stuff would I need for all door speakers. And the easiest path too. I'm completely new to door speakers. Thanks!

Archived