Building my first computer, what do you think of this setup??

the 840 pro is my ssd for sure.. Just debating on 128 or 256gb..

Is there any reason to go with a 256? All I will have on it, is the OS a few programs, openoffice, itunes and a few games.. Someone also told me that it would be worth the extra $$ to go with a 256 because you dont want to fill up the ssd, then have it full of cache, temp files and other things, which would then cause it to fill up and divert to the other drive, In this case a 7200rpm WD or seagate..

Is this true or make much sense to anyone? Whats an OS? 20GB or so?? then maybe 20GB of extra w/ programs games etc... So when He said that to me , I found it hard to believe that I could accumulate 80GB of temp files and cache that would ever make it slow down, or switch drives, Especially since I usually do a system cleaner and dump all temp files, trash etc every few weeks

the 840 pro is my ssd for sure.. Just debating on 128 or 256gb..

Is there any reason to go with a 256? All I will have on it, is the OS a few programs, openoffice, itunes and a few games.. Someone also told me that it would be worth the extra $$ to go with a 256 because you dont want to fill up the ssd, then have it full of cache, temp files and other things, which would then cause it to fill up and divert to the other drive, In this case a 7200rpm WD or seagate..

Is this true or make much sense to anyone? Whats an OS? 20GB or so?? then maybe 20GB of extra w/ programs games etc... So when He said that to me , I found it hard to believe that I could accumulate 80GB of temp files and cache that would ever make it slow down, or switch drives, Especially since I usually do a system cleaner and dump all temp files, trash etc every few weeks

120GB is the minimum I would recommend for an SSD if you plan on installing a few games on it. Most games are around 8GB before any patches or updates. My Battlefield 3 install is currently 34GB because of all the DLC and patch content. I actually had to remove it and reinstall it on a mechanical drive because I only had ~6GB free on my 120GB SSD. Running an SSD at near-full capacity isn't ideal as it forces the drive to run its garbage collection routines more often to free up cells for new data.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived