Building my first computer, what do you think of this setup??

Well, I'll say right off the bat I'm not very tech saavy with computers, but I wanted something that will last a few years, and still be a quality system.. This setup will run me about $1150-$1200 Depending on sales and where I purchase but this is basically what I have chosen so far and just wondering what you guys though.. Not SUPER into COmputer gaming as I have never had a computer able to handle gaming... Actually this is my first ever desktop :) But want something capable in case that changes

So any suggestions, or advice would be appreciated , thanks guys!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/comatoast/saved/1uLO

if you have a microcenter near you, i would definitely go there for just the intel CPU. its cheaper than anywhere else on the internet (new). they literally lose money on every cpu they sell because they expect you to buy like a graphics card along with it, which is how they make the money back.

if you have a microcenter near you, i would definitely go there for just the intel CPU. its cheaper than anywhere else on the internet (new). they literally lose money on every cpu they sell because they expect you to buy like a graphics card along with it, which is how they make the money back.

Yep!!! They have my CPU/MOBO combo for $300 .. Im not buying everything from that site , just something to show the setup

Microcenter is like a 2 hr drive for me, but would be well worth it just for that alone

Yep!!! They have my CPU/MOBO combo for $300 .. Im not buying everything from that site , just something to show the setup

Microcenter is like a 2 hr drive for me, but would be well worth it just for that alone

i think i bought my 2500k for $180 there. believe it was around 220-230 everywhere else. dont know if that far a drive is worth the gas cost for you though.

Do you have the cost of windows included, at least in your head? Or do you already own a copy?

Also I don't have a problem with you case I just have a love affair with the Define R4. Just have a look at it same price range.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I wouldnt worry about getting a blue ray, unless you think you're going to actually be watching blue ray movies.I have 5 of those wifi adapters, they're boss.

I would get the H80 or H100 to go with that case,

Everything looks pretty good. I always cringe at spending that much on a computer. I dont think I've ever spent that much at once anyway. I'm super picky about deals, and I get a lot of hardware for free.

Do you have the cost of windows included, at least in your head? Or do you already own a copy?

Also I don't have a problem with you case I just have a love affair with the Define R4. Just have a look at it same price range.

Thanks bud. I don't have any OS yet looking at win 7. And I will check out that case as well!

I wouldnt worry about getting a blue ray, unless you think you're going to actually be watching blue ray movies.I have 5 of those wifi adapters, they're boss.

I would get the H80 or H100 to go with that case,

Everything looks pretty good. I always cringe at spending that much on a computer. I dont think I've ever spent that much at once anyway. I'm super picky about deals, and I get a lot of hardware for free.

Well. 95% of my movie collection is blu ray so I just thought for an extra $30 , might as well. The WiFi card/adapter I picked just seemed awesome. Couldn't really find a bad review anywhere

Yup. I'm a newb. What's the h80 and h100?

Trust me man. I'm not even close to a gamer and I always told myself I never needed the best. But after owning laptops that shit the bed after 2 yrs and being plagued with bloat and weak parts for a premium price. . I just wanted something that was guaranteed to be a mid-high end machine til at least 2014 :)

Archived