Sundown Audio

5 Channel Amp

gattiboy13

OP didnt like the good advice given so he just ignored.. bet he will still buy that 5 channel amp.. why post for advice when the mind is already made up on what to get and just waste other people time when you will do what you want to do anyways.

I ran a kicker 08zx700.5 for 3 years and I will tell you I had the same idea of just wanting a all in one amp. It was powerful and sounded great, the down side is heat. It's a very small chassis amp and its trying to do the cooling for two amps. In the summer time I could only rock out for 45 minutes to an hour and the amp would over heat and kick off. I think if your sure you want to run a 5 channel, then go with a company that has a reputation for good amps. The RF 1005xd or the new alpine 5 channel, JL makes a good 5 channel to. What I should have done is run the zx700.5 and used the sub channel for mid bass and got a dedicated sub amp. That's where most of your heat is going to come from. Nothing wrong with 5 channel amps if you buy a good brand you know is going to give you your money's worth.

Is all this talk based on actually testing and hearing this amp or just hear say from your friend, cousin, shop owners etc...I am asking if anyone knows personlly if this amp is any good. I have heard so much garbage about lines that are ok but mostly becuase its all hear say and jump on the bandwagon talk.

To be honest ik all optidrive amps are awesome and i also would guess these are no exception. However, just by fusing alone this amp can do just over 1000rms at 14.4v so take that as you may

On a side note. You will find that if you try anything other than sundown, crescendo, or dc or aq or any other "accepted" brands here ull be criticized as a moron lol. Its the truth. All the amps i listed are good. There are alot more amps at a lesser lroce that are equally good.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Archived