stevog Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 How do you know you arent clipping? Did you set your gains with a DD1 or O scope?
Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Fluke meter off the sub amp and the amp has a clipping light that has not came on. According to hifonics, if my remote gain light turns from green to red its clipping..
stevog Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Fluke meter off the sub amp and the amp has a clipping light that has not came on. According to hifonics, if my remote gain light turns from green to red its clipping.. Dont trust those lights you need to set your gains with either a DD1 or oscope. I assume the fluke is a multimeter?
Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Yes a multi meter. I don't have a dd1 maybe the local sundown dealer has one
crunkjuice1 Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 That line out converter seems like a decent piece. If you have a dd1 I would use that to set the loc to it max undistorted level. Your gonna use rca off the converter direct into dd1 for that then go down to amps and set gains. That's what I'd suggest until I thought how are you going play the test tones through system? It all comes down to either just swapping out to a decent head unit or adding a head unit into glove box.
Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Tablet or phone, mp3 player... the I simple is nice and looks factory but again it IS an fm modulator
crunkjuice1 Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Ok it's because I see LC6i on your list.
Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Is the lc6i as good as they say?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.