Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Why me? Why is this so hard? I'm 37 and love car audio, I'm trying to do what some said is not possible. My car, a 1998 jaguar xj8l Vanden plas, stock cassette player, looks all stock inside other than the tweeters. I'm getting si pi**ed trying to make this happen! My goal, 145db in this car with stock radio. Maybe im dreaming? Rundown of work so far, Cut entire rear deck out All American bass 6.5 in doors 4 American bass tweeters Lc6i signal converter I simple audio integration Hifonics bre 2500.1d Hifonics bre 60.4 2 12" American bass xfl 12's d4 I just can't get it to sound good! Big 3 done Optima yellow top Vmax ct 1800 New alt. On the way will be 320 amps Wtf? Why can't this sound decent?? Just venting because I spent the last 3 hours tuning sh*t for nothing it seems!
SnowDrifter Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Cassette player? Are you using one of those iPod to tape adapters to play your music? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
fox_racin4 Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Need to loose that stock deck, will help alot IMO 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
OrionStang Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 What's a cassette? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
LT.Smoke Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Need to loose that stock deck, will help alot IMO He's trying to accomplish his goal with the stock deck Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
RMac18 Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Your system is only going to be as good as its weakest point allows. In this case if your running a line converter off of a cassette player then it more then likely doesn't have the capability to do what you expect from the system. I know you said you want to stay with the stock head unit, but lose the cassette player and invest in good head unit and it'll be a night and day difference.
OrionStang Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 So keep the stock deck. ANd install a good deck in the glove box or something. Its done in old classics all the time. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
knowledge Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 So keep the stock deck. ANd install a good deck in the glove box or something. Its done in old classics all the time. i was just gonna say this. REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Jamie's jaguar xj8l Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 But isn't this lc6i supposed to give me 7v pre outs? It's suppose to turn stock into after market so I'm told
SnowDrifter Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Still waiting on an answer to my question ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.