Carbon Fiber. Use this forum to show off your custom parts

dope shit right there. only way to put that headliner is to take out the windshield.

im eager to try this how do u make the edges pretty much perfect?

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

dope shit right there. only way to put that headliner is to take out the windshield.

Actually it slides right in through the rear hatch.

Actually it slides right in through the rear hatch.

shit u right

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

when you started the headliner did you resin the headliner still in the car to get it to harden into the correct shape first... I was gonna do this last summer in mine but was worried about it misshaping before I got it back in and it breaking while trying to install...

when you started the headliner did you resin the headliner still in the car to get it to harden into the correct shape first... I was gonna do this last summer in mine but was worried about it misshaping before I got it back in and it breaking while trying to install...

Sorry i took long to answer you, was on vacation. No you dont resint the headliner inside the car. Remove the headliner, detach the material and clean the headliner with acetone or thinner to remove all the glue. if the headliner have wrinkles in it, fill it in with body filler and sand to shape it. If, however, before you remove the headliner material, you realize that the headliner is made of thin cardboard and you still want to do it, you will have to make a mold of the headliner and make a copy of the mold in fiberglass and cover that in carbon fiber. Mine was made of a thin fiberglass material, the RX-7 was made of cardboard and a mold was made of it.

wow nice work looks sic! I have some carbon overlay in my mustang wetlay up!

2013-02-12152601.jpg

2013-02-12152549.jpg

I also have center console done aswell!

nice work for sure though good job.

Awesome pieces dave. both look amazing.

Archived