DFWxB Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 Yeah i think current plan is 18 sqin per at 3 cuft per net...
fecupe2001 Posted May 13, 2013 Report Posted May 13, 2013 subs back/port up sucks ass for spl on that car, i would do subs up/port up or subs up/port side and even subs up/port back works fine, maybe something like 2 cubic feet and 2 6" aeros would work great for spl, and of course, wire that brz2100 to 0.33 ohms for spl, with that box and final load you should be doing 8-10 dbs louder at the first burp I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Dd9515 king Posted May 13, 2013 Report Posted May 13, 2013 I just got tried my 9615's in around 3 cbft per sub with almost 320 sqin of port on a soundstream 2600.1. I could tell they wanted more port.
ncochran Posted May 15, 2013 Author Report Posted May 15, 2013 Fecupe, is that 2 feet net or gross. Looks like I will have to have external ports. Was hoping to avoid that but I imagine for an spl box I won't have a choice. Will have to go subs up/port up and may have to go with single 8" port instead of 2 6's if that will still be enough port. Is slightly less port area but fits better and will be an easier build. What would you start with for tuning? With my current setup I peaked at 56hz tuned to 32. Guessing I should tune mid 40s? or should I tune to what I peaked at before? SPL tuning confuses me lol. edit: According to Winisd with the e8 subs, tuning to 50hz would give me a pretty smooth curve from 50-60hz peaking at 54. Everything else would sound like doodoo lol, but for spl it would let me play my 50-60hz sweep to pinpoint the exact peak. But like I said, tuning for spl confuses me. 2006 Scion xB 2 Sundown SA12D2 Ported at 32hz 147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL) Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet) Hifonics brz2100 Alpine Type-S Components Kicker 300.2 Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca Optima Blue Top 3 e8s ported at 32hz 135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz 135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol) Build log 'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said: May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.
fecupe2001 Posted May 15, 2013 Report Posted May 15, 2013 Fecupe, is that 2 feet net or gross. Looks like I will have to have external ports. Was hoping to avoid that but I imagine for an spl box I won't have a choice. Will have to go subs up/port up and may have to go with single 8" port instead of 2 6's if that will still be enough port. Is slightly less port area but fits better and will be an easier build. What would you start with for tuning? With my current setup I peaked at 56hz tuned to 32. Guessing I should tune mid 40s? or should I tune to what I peaked at before? SPL tuning confuses me lol. edit: According to Winisd with the e8 subs, tuning to 50hz would give me a pretty smooth curve from 50-60hz peaking at 54. Everything else would sound like doodoo lol, but for spl it would let me play my 50-60hz sweep to pinpoint the exact peak. But like I said, tuning for spl confuses me. i meant something like 2 cubic feet net after displacements,external aeros work awesome for SPL but is not a must , don´t worry about it, single 8" aero sounds good, i would even try to go bigger, just remember, you NEED a termlab for testing, without that, you better don´t do anything!! mid 40´s sounds about right, and yes, those cars love to peak high, last box i built for an XB was for 4 10´s on a 3K wired at .5 ohms on a single battery, i was burping a 149.7 @ 54 hz, box was tuned around 48 hz iirc, aeros are easy as hell, just tune it to mid 40´s and start cutting down the lenght until you score on the termlab starts dropping, And don´t get confused about tuning on a spl box, there´s no logic on that lol, just tune it low and do the process i said before, i´ve had boxes in the past tuned higher than where the peak was with GREAT results I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
DFWxB Posted May 16, 2013 Report Posted May 16, 2013 My xb was tuned 46 and peaked 58... i was gonna tune my next burp box to 49...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.