Sundown Audio

Any Idea what this amp is?

Desousa93

as long as you dont bridge that amp you will be fine with them at two ohms.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

how would i set the gains? i dont have an o scope or a DMM is it safe to do this by ear?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

how would i set the gains? i dont have an o scope or a DMM is it safe to do this by ear?

It will probably blow your comps before it clips, you will hear the distortion easily in mids/highs.

I'm gonna hate

It will probably blow your comps before it clips, you will hear the distortion easily in mids/highs.

:WTFBubble: thats not cool. lol the gain or "level" on this amp starts at 4v and is a dial that goes to 2v then 1.5v then 1v and then 0.5v i put it to 2v and its screamin in my ccar now i just dont want to blow them because i dont have the money for new sets.

i googled my HU and it says 2v preout so i set the gain correctly right?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

:WTFBubble: thats not cool. lol the gain or "level" on this amp starts at 4v and is a dial that goes to 2v then 1.5v then 1v and then 0.5v i put it to 2v and its screamin in my ccar now i just dont want to blow them because i dont have the money for new sets.

i googled my HU and it says 2v preout so i set the gain correctly right?

The values printed around the gain potentiometer are meaningless, the value given for your pre-out voltage is also meaningless.

I don't know if you have heard a "flat" amp on your mids/highs before but even if you don't have any sort of EQing done (running a flat EQ not a preset) it will create a "screaming" effect because it can actually deliver the power at any frequency. The response graph of your new amplifier probably looks more like this:

zapco_z100c2_sl_response.jpg

than this:

rload_resp1.gif

NOTE: This is not a fair comparison, the second graph was generated from measures taken under load. The graphs are only for illustration.

A higher level of linearity results in a more real, loud, and dynamic sound. Any deviance from a perfectly straight graph (plus added noise and distortion) determines the "sound" the amplifier will have vs. another board of the same power level.

I'm gonna hate

Archived