Jump to content

do i need 4 or 8 ohm crossovers?


Psykotyk

Recommended Posts

Posted

im hooking up 2 8ohm Crescendo FT1 super tweeters together in parallel at 4 ohm, i was wondering do i need 8 ohm crossovers to match the tweeter or 4 ohm crossovers because thats the final impedance? Soundstream PN4.320D 4 channel amp if that makes any difference

cheers

Posted

4 ohm, because it's the final impedance.

But my question to you: Why are you using 4 ft-1s?

Posted

Well alright then. Just making sure you know what you are getting into with 4 of them lol

I hope you have some good mids to keep up.

Posted

haha i just re read you post and you mis understood me, im only puuting in 2... at 4 ohms

Back up. Are you wiring them in parallel? You will lose your left/right stereo by doing that.

What I would do is wire the tweeters each on their own channel. Each with their own crossover. So you have your left and right sides vs. playing in mono. And to do that, you'd need 8 ohm crossovers.

I thought you were using 4 because I assumed you were running 2 per side lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1013 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...