imnew59585 Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 1.can I run tweeters only off of my headunit.?2.if not. can I have a amp for mids and an amp for tweeters?3. buying cheap tweets off of PA would be fine for now?this is my first front stage build so I want to get all bugs knocked out first before buying or planning.
DylanBunch Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 If you have 4 speakers total why not just get a 4 channel and have a speaker per channel 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
imnew59585 Posted May 6, 2013 Author Report Posted May 6, 2013 true. very true. but on an amp how would I set that up? let me see if I can find a pic to get a diagram out.
imnew59585 Posted May 6, 2013 Author Report Posted May 6, 2013 THis is a reference lets say amp 1 is mids and amp 2 is highsso on amp 2 do I turn the crossover (x-over) all the way up?Where do I turn the x over on the mids at? do I stay at 50hz or what?
DylanBunch Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 On the side is a switch thats hi or lo for the crossover and on top is a dial/knob to control the crossover for that amp 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 But you wont be able to crossover high enough for highs on this amp, it only goes to 250 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 Cross the mids with the amp and by crossovers for the highs. Or if its components it comes with a crossover 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
imnew59585 Posted May 6, 2013 Author Report Posted May 6, 2013 so let me put it as thisAMP----Cross over------- tweets--- channel 1&2^-----MIDS 3&4??
DylanBunch Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 No you cant cross the tweets off the amp. Crescendo sells tweeter crossovers for 10 bucks 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.