Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

3 Memphis 15-M3MOJO12 Enclosure Design Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all! I am trying to design an enclosure for 3 Memphis 15-M3MOJO12's (12 in). I am not that familiar on how to do this. It will be going in a 1997 GMC Suburban (V8 5.7 Liter), so I guess subs up and port back. The enclosure can be as ling as 48-49 in in width. That is my only limitation as there is plenty space back there because I removed the 3rd row seat. I will be running a AudioQue 3500.1D amp on all 3 subs. Below are the specs for the subs and the recommendations from Memphis on box specs

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10346_Memphis-15-M3MOJO12.html

ttp://www.memphisca...ommendation.pdf

I will be eventually be building a box for 6 Mojo's as I actually have 6 of them, but I need to put in another 350 Amp alternator to run another AQ 3500.1D. I am tryign to find a decently priced dual alt bracket or have someone make one. I got 1 quote for over $500, seems a bit much to me, could be wring though

Thanks so much!

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz
Vb = 6 ft^3

External Height = 18.25 in
External Width = 46 in
External Depth = 22 in

Port Width = 24 in
Port Height = 4 1/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 46 x 22

Left & Right Sides = 20 1/2 x 16

Front & Back = 46 x 16

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 16 3/8 x 25 1/2
Extension = 3 1/2 x 25 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:
16 3/8 x 4 1/8
8 3/8 x 4 1/8
Port Right Side Assembly:
16 3/8 x 4 1/8
8 3/8 x 4 1/8

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

3x12SUPB_zps6a5515d8.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- The port needs 4 1/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Posted

Joe X - Excellent!!! I will be picking up the wood this weekend. Question...what should I use for the internal bracing...2x4? I have seen people uses metal screws/pins to help with bracing any recommendations.

Also, is there a way that you could do a design for 6 Mojo's for my Suburban. I will be building the box above and then upgrading to the new box once I get dual alternator bracket (this winter hopefully).

Man I really do appreciate the work you put into this. I'm pumped...it should get loud and low!!!

Posted

You're welcome, on the bracing I would just use wooden dowel rods, what's also important is doing the port brace since the top to bottom crossbrace is supported on that and that's besides it's function.

The 6 subs box would probably be done doing a second row of 3 subs and tweaking the size of the box and the port area.

Posted

Joe x,

The Extension = 3 1/2 x 25 1/2 is that the brace for the port? Also, when I upgrade to six subs I will just add another row with the 46x22 to extend it, but the port....would I just extend the port all the way back to the back of the box like this design.

Thx man...oh what program do you recommend for box design....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 440 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...