T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 So I am aeroporting my box through my rear deck I already know how I'm going to mount it to the rear deck got a really good plan for that to look flush. Anyway I need to know how I would make the tuning right for the box with the aeroport having to be at a certain angle and only being able to mount it in one position. I was hoping one 6in aeroport will be enough but I don't think it will be enough port area for a skar zvx 15 tuned to 34 I haven't made a box design yet but just wondered. I want a 6 in aeroport so that I can use a 6.5 speaker grill cover to sit over the port. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Joe X Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 Placing a grill on the port may really not be a good idea.
T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 Yea I could see that creating a lot of noise. I just need some way to keep it clean looking. And I need some way to keep my brothers and friends from sticking stuff in the port... I may be able o come up with something 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Joe X Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 One thing you can do is porting to the side slot or aero, something like this:
T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 I understand boxes I've built quite a few. But what I'm saying is I want to port rough the rear deck of my 2000 subaru 2.5 rs coupe because the back seats don't fold down. And I've never used aero ports before only slot ports. Now I need to understand aeroports and how I can get the exact tuning I need with the aeroport having to be at a certain angle and all. My plan is to build the box with the sub firing towards the trunk with it L bracketed to the bottom of the trunk so that I won't move and have the aeroport sit flush in the deck and screwed/ caulked in. I just don't know who or how I could know what the tuning would be with the aero sitting like that. The port would be about halfway internal and the other half coming out of the box and into the rear deck. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 Something like this. Sits flush in the deck and looks clean. Maybe not all the beauty pannels and stuff but I can figure out the mounting of the port in the deck. Just trying to figure out the tuning with the port having a required placement. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Joe X Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 To just answer the question, the port length and the net volume determine tuning, it really doesn't matter if the port bends or if it's installed in an angle or whatever, now if the port is partially external, it's displacement is only for the part that inside the box, if using Torres calc you only need to set the "Length of external port" field to whatever length is outside the box, that's about all you need to do to get accurate tuning.
T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 I see. That answers my question. So do you think this will be better than either just making a box in the trunk that would be sealed off from the cabin. Thanks for the help! 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Joe X Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 If the seats won't fold down I would probably open up the rear deck (placing a beauty panel instead) and doing the seal off behind it if wanted to a standard sub/port front box, that is if this box can be 16 1/2" h.
T.A.G. Audio Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 I don't think I can do all that I want to keep it pretty factory looking other than the port in the deck. Thanks for your help man. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.