Second Skin Audio

12" Alpine Type X power question

Hey guys.. Going in the trunk of my 2003 M3. I am going to forward fire this sub, and port while sealing it off from the rest of the trunk.

Now I plan to do about 2.3 cubes with a 32hz tune and around 25sq in of port area.. Thats still in debate on my port volume as I dont have a program to help me out. but still..

I have both a M2000 alpine, and a M1000 alpine at home.. I am going to sell one and keep the other to run on my single type x.. specs show i should use the m1000. But I know alpine subs take more abuse than they say.. Would a type X handle the m2000 decently and if unclipped as a daily driver? Or is it just a lil much for that sub to handle?

By the way my power system is up to par.. I have a 200amp alt, 0 awg big 3, and dual yellow top optima's. So I should have no issue powering either amp.. Just not sure which to go..

Debated selling the type x and getting a 13w7 to run with the m2000.. but I just cant seem to justify paying soo much for that sub, when i have this type x..

ohh well what you all think?

it will not handle 2k RMS.

regardless i would still keep the the m2000 and just keep the gain turned down. and if you ever want to do burps, turn it up just for that.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I understand.. If im not stupid with it, it will be ok.. I just have both and dont want to do something sorta wrong being dumb.. You know we all have them "dumb" moments when we dont think clearly, then say WTF.. haha

too bad they never made a 15" type x... that would prob suit me just fine.

Archived