Second Skin Audio

FI SP4 Enclosure design. Comments/opinions

bSems

I used WinISD to play with output numbers. Of those, I valued port velocity::frequency output ratio. And I tried to configure a flat response bandwidth while keeping my desired tuniing @ 32 hz

Quick specs:
1. Its a trunk build ( 4 door 07 camry)
2. substage amp VFL 150.1
3. Rear firing design // 15" SP4 with electrical to boot. 306A - 274A alt (Hot). 306A Peak (cold) . 178A Hot @ idle

But what your seeing is port height 15.5, width is as noted, and length is 17.25 + the back wall port lenght..its somewhere between 26.xx to 28.xx. I cant remember off top. What has been changed though is the front wall 2nd baffle will be extended to the left to eliminate that 1" gap between it and the interior port wall. And also will be changed the front enclosure wall will be cut to extend over the right side wall and left slot wall. So when I fasten the walls the screws will sit parallel with the subs linear force, not coming in from the sides of the enclosure walls.

I not going w/ any bracing. With the 2900 watts...and not a large sized box..and the slot port acting as bracing, all I will do is glass the kerfs for strength there. And if I want overkill Ill reinforce corners with more GRP.

subbox1.png

This here is the mock-up.. i had to change a little as I didnt not include the main setback when doing a trunk build.. THE TRUNK OPENING. So what I did was make the box .25" shorter. And this baby fit like a virgin. I used cellofoam board insulation, some duct tape, and fresh retractible blade and a straight edge to help give me some accurate cuts. Heres that.

CameraZOOM-20130501234357212.jpg

Its going to be a slow build process.. 2 kids and a wife who needs that QT, but im going to do the best I can. This will be my first official build. I've had 2 systems prior to this. In 02, I started with a JL W0 12" in a 93 mustang coupe(!). Then stepped my game up in 2004 and got a 12" XXX in my 94 Camry, ran that off of a hifonics brutus 2000D... yea, i thought I was the sheet with my stock electrical and no sound deadening... that was a budget build needless to say!! With both of those builds though my brother built the box and I pretty much "helped" him while installing. Yes, i did more on my own with the 2nd build but it still was majority his work. NOW IM BACK, and am going to be as officionado as possible with this build. I designed this box..and I plan on building in solo, with some of his tools probably :lifter:

Anyways.. let me know what yall think. PROS / CONS ?

Archived